The results for the Police and Crime Commissioner elections are expected today.
Yesterday voting took place in 41 force areas of England and Wales outside of London.
The newly elected Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) will be responsible for force budgets, policing priorities and Chief Constables.
The newly elected PCCs will assume office next Thursday.
- 194 candidates stood in the elections
- 29% of candidates were independent
- Labour and the Conservatives ran candidates in every area
- Liberal Democrats and UKIP ran candidates in 24 of the 41 areas
- One Green candidate stood
- 18% of candidates were women