Leicestershire Police are offering motorists general advice to ensure the safety of those using the roads this winter.
Roads tend to get a lot busier in the run up to Christmas and with the weather getting colder and temperatures dropping below freezing, here's a few tips to keeping yourself safe on the roads:
- Make sure your vehicle is legal and roadworthy.
- Plan your journey and work out your route.
- Adjust your speed to suit the road conditions.
- Concentrate at all times.
- Do not drive when tired - take a break.
- Observe all things around you.
- Keep your distance.
- Don't let other peoples actions influence the way you drive.
- Wear a seat belt at all times.
- Never drink and drive.
More information can be found on the Leicestershire Police website.