Birmingham's outdoor ice rink is returning to Lightwoods Park today.
'Bearwood on Ice' returns for a second successive year and will also include a number of attractions alongside it:
- A fun fair
- Giant inflatable slides
- Bouncy castles
- Bearwood traders selling seasonal food and drink
- The Christmas garden where children can post letters to Father Christmas
– Councillor Steve Eling, Sandwell Council's deputy leader
It's great to see the community and council working together again for another 'Bearwood on Ice'.
Organisers are now starting to set things up ready for Saturday's opening and I'm sure the attraction will be every bit as successful as last year and enjoyed by all.
The ice rink will be open at midday today with carol singers performing at 12.30pm. It will close on 23 December.
The opening times for the ice rink are:
- Saturday December 15 and Sunday December 16: 12 noon to 8pm
- Monday December 17 to Thursday December 20: 2pm to 8pm
- Friday December 21: 2pm to 10pm
- Saturday December 22 and Sunday December 23: 12 noon to 8pm