Twelve Territorial Army units from across Nottinghamshire will gather in Nottingham city centre this weekend (12-13 January) to explain to the public what being in the TA involves.
Members of the TA present will include infantrymen, medics, drivers, gunners and engineers, each bringing along the equipment they use to carry out their job.
Equipment on display will include:
- Armoured vehicles
- A mobile bridge
- Assault boats
- A Royal Artillery Light Gun
The event is part of a recruitment campaign for TA units in the county.
What is the TA?
- Members of the TA have normal jobs, but serve in the British Army in their spare time, with the support of their employers.
- They have to be ready at short notice to serve alongside full time members of the army.
- TA soldiers are paid the same per day as their full time army counterparts.
- There are over 200 different roles available, including chefs, drivers and medics.
Sergeant Craig Barker from the TA says:
TA units taking part this weekend:
144 Parachute Medical Squadron
212 Field Hospital
350 Field Squadron (Air Support), Royal Engineers
64 Signal Squadron
73 Armoured Engineer Squadron, Royal Engineers
307 Battery Royal Artillery
C Company, 4 MERCIAN Regiment
162 Movement Control Regiment, Royal Logistic Corps
S Squadron Royal Yeomanry, Royal Armoured Corps
170 (Infrastructure Support) Engineer Group, Royal Engineers
38th Signal Regiment (Volunteers)
203 Transport Squadron, Royal Logistic Corps