- 5th (County Championship Division One)
- 4th in Group B (Clydesdale Bank 40)
- Quarter-finals (Friends Life T20)
- IN: Ajmal Shahzad (Yorkshire)
- OUT: Darren Pattinson (gave up domestic status), Neil Edwards (released), Karl Turner (released), Scott Elstone (released)
- OVERSEAS: Ed Cowan (April-June), David Hussey (June-August)
YOUNG PLAYER TO WATCH:
ODDS TO WIN:
- 9/2 (County Championship)
- 7/1 (Yorkshire Bank 40)
- 13/2 (Friends Life T20)
After a fairly disappointing season by their recently high standards, Nottinghamshire will be looking to challenge for honours in all three forms of the game this year.
They have significantly bolstered their side with limited overs talent in particular, a move reflected in their status as second favourites for both the T20 and YB40.
Ajmal Shahzad is a proven death bowler and will provide much-needed support for the ageing Andre Adams.
Notts have also signed limited overs specialists David Hussey and Ed Cowan, providing The Outlaws with an incredibly strong batting lineup on paper.
They will hope young England stars such as James Taylor and Alex Hales are not needed by the national side and can provide the county with more runs along with Michael Lumb.
Add to this their captain Chris Read, outstanding for them last season, and Notts should be expecting to make a deep run in all three forms of the game.