The facial reconstruction of King Richard III will start its tour of the country today at Leicester's Guildhall exhibition.
The model was made using a 3D printing technique called stereolithography. It was commissioned by the Richard III Society.
Details such as the style and colour of Richard's hair and hat were taken from portraits of the King.
- The Guildhall, Leicester: 18th May - 9th June 2013 (10am - 5pm - 7days)
- Bosworth Battlefield: 11th June - 16th July 2013
- Yorkshire Museum: 19th July - 13th October 2013
- Northampton Museum and Art Gallery: 19th October 2013 - 5th January 2014
- British Museum: 11th January - 16th March 2014
At the end of the tour the model will return to Leicester where it will go on permanent display in the new King Richard III visitor centre.