Low Pressure is moving up over Scotland allowing a Cold Front to move through the region today. That's what gave us the cloud and rain. Gradually though it is clearing Southwards to leave some early evening sunshine.
The Low Pressure will move away eastwards and High Pressure will sit to the south over the next few days. This will allow the remnants of Atlantic Tropical Storm Humberto to head our way. But don't worry, we won't see the rain and strong winds just the warm tropical air which will feed up from the south-west.
This is how it is looking for tonight...
- Some early evening sunshine for much of The Midlands
- A few spots of drizzle possible mainly on higher ground
- Patchy cloud
- Temperatures dipping to 7/8c
- Tomorrow will be dry
- Quite cloudy at times especially first thing
- Sunny spells developing
- Behind the Cold Front giving us the rain today it will feel quite fresh
- Highs tomorrow of 16/17c
- Lighter winds
- As High Pressure builds in the South temperatures will rise, it will feel warmer this weekend
- The warm temperatures do not mean lots of sunshine, in fact it will be rather cloudy over the next few days with a few sunny spells
- The wind will be much lighter