After a fine day today, the finest day of the week, it's all downhill tonight.
- Cloudier than Wednesday night, so milder.
- Fronts from the SW merge together and push NE'wards overnight Thursday into Friday, just starting into the SW of the region around 3am.
- Mostly dry, cloudy and mild further east for most of the night
- Wind increasing.
- Treacherous commuting conditions first thing. Very wet and windy, rain across all parts.
- Rain pushes NE'wards so drier in the east during Friday afternoon.
- Through the west, turning drier and brighter, but blustery heavy showers following and becoming confined to the west of the West Midlands.
- Feeling milder behind the front in the warm sector
- Showers persist Friday night into Saturday, winds increasing overnight.
- Cloudy on Saturday, showers not too heavy at first.
- Band of showery, persistent rain pushes through later on Saturday and overnight into Sunday.
- Breezy, showers, gales developing behind the band of persistent rain.
- The Met Office have a weather warning in force for heavy, intense rain and strong winds, gusts 70mph. Some uncertainty on the timing, track and the intensity of the low.