The festive forecast look unsettled with more showers, longer spells of rain and a gusty wind at times.
Here are the current odds for a White Christmas courtesy of Ladbrokes.
In order for bets to be winners, a single snow flake has to fall within the city on the 24 hours of Christmas day.
As for today a deep area of Low Pressure is building in the South West allowing the weather to go downhill over the next 12 hours.
- THIS EVENING
- Wet and windy weather will sweep eastwards
- Rain will eventually clear eastwards but linger in the south and east of the region
- It will remain fairly windy
- Low of 5/6c
- SATURDAY MORNING
- Outbreaks of rain in the south east of the region
- Dry with sunny spells elsewhere
- SATURDAY AFTERNOON
- Sunshine and showers
- Highs of 10/11c
- SATURDAY NIGHT
- More wet and windy weather will sweep in from the west
- Sunshine and showers, feeling fresher
- Very wet, very windy with severe gales
- CHRISTMAS EVE
- Bright with blustery showers
- CHRISTMAS DAY
- Lighter winds, bright spells, showers that could be wintry mainly on the hills