Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Exploding e-cigarettes - council warns of danger

Council warn over e-cigarettes Photo: PA Pictures

Derbyshire County Council is warning people to be extra vigilant when charging electronic cigarettes. It comes after some of the devices have exploded.

The Council's trading standards team say they've had reports of several electronic cigarette batteries overheating or exploding.

Council say many of the devices they tested did not meet safety standards Credit: PA Pictures

Last October a 68 year old woman living in a private care home in Hasland died after a fire in her room which firefighters said was caused by an e-cigarette battery overheating

The trading standards team say that many of the products they've had tested did not meet acceptable safety standards.