If you found it difficult to sleep last night brace yourself for more of the same over the next few days. Temperatures are climbing with warm air flooding in from the continent.
We are expecting the hottest day of the year on Friday with temperatures topping 30c.
The hottest locations in our region will be in eastern areas. Even further west though we will see 28c.
The high temperatures will mean we will also see some lively weather with the heat triggering showers and thunderstorms moving up from the south.
Get all the details in our day by day guide below:
- TUESDAY DAYTIME
- Sunny spells
- Warm with highs of 22c
- Light winds
- *TUESDAY NIGHT *
- Clear skies
- Very humid
- Lows of 11c
- Sunny and dry start
- Cloud will spread eastwards through the day
- Showery rain on and off with dry spells in between
- Warmer than today at 25c in the East Midlands 22c in the West Midlands
- Warm and dry with good spells of prolonged sunshine
- Hot with temperatures between 28-30c, sharp showers
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms will move up from the south, feeling fresher than Friday at 24c