Nick 'The Incredible Flying Brick' from the Monster Raving Loony Party answers five questions ahead of the Stoke Central by-election.
1. Who do you most admire? I most admire Screaming Lord Sutch - Our revered and esteemed founder and former leader.
2. Where's your favourite place in Stoke-on-Trent and why? The River Trent - Which I am to stock with piranha, to make fishing a spectator sport.
3. What will be your top priority if you win the by-election? To abolish gravity with immediate effect. This is due to a long-standing vendetta against gravity ever since my paragliding accident in 2002. I believe that the best place to find its effect abolished is in the centre of the largest inert planet in our solar system. A good first experiment would be to tunnel into the centre of the moon, please contact me if you are willing to finance this project. As I appear to be the first to recognise the gravitationally neutral nature of the centre of planets and the possible implications in inter-dimensional (space) travel I feel I am entitled to name this space 'Delves' (or Delvsinian Space).
4. What is your favourite TV programme? Exiting the European Union Select Committee, Parliament Channel.
5. What is your favourite song? 'Number 10 or bust' by Screaming Lord Sutch
Full list of candidates contesting in the Stoke Central by-election:
- Mohammad Akram - Independent
- Zulfiqar Ali - Lib Dem
- Jack Brereton - Conservative
- The Incredible Flying Brick - Monster Raving Loony Party
- Adam Colclough - Greens
- Godfrey Davies - Christian Peoples Party
- Barbara Fielding - Independent
- David Furness - BNP
- Paul Nuttall - UKIP
- Gareth Snell - Labour