A young woman who died after taking an overdose of online diet pills did not receive appropriate care because the A&E department was too overcrowded, an inquest heard.
Bethany Shipsey, an animal rescue and welfare advocate, took the tablets containing the industrial substance DNP in February 2017.
But the 21-year-old from Worcester was "not considered a suicide risk" by mental health doctors despite previously taking 14 overdoses.
Ms Shipsey - known as Beth - was having ongoing treatment for mental health issues, linked to trauma from when she was raped by a previous partner, the inquest heard.
An emergency junior doctor at Worcestershire Royal Hospital said he could not transfer her to the resuscitation room because the department was full.
Under questioning from Michael Walsh, representing Ms Shipsey's parents, Doug and Carole, the doctor said he should have consulted the Poisons department in order to fully understand a drug he had "never seen before".
At Worcestershire Coroner's Court, Dr Alireza Niroumand, who was an emergency junior medical doctor at the Worcestershire A&E department at the time, said:
Dr Niroumand also said he did not use the database called "Toxbase" to learn about the drug because the files he needed had been given to him by a nurse.
Dr Nirvana Chandrappa, a senior consultant psychiatrist from Worcestershire Health and Care, also gave evidence at the hearing.
After meeting her again in January 2017, Dr Chandrappa said 24 red and yellow diet pills were found in her jacket.
Dr Chandrappa continued:
On the day of the incident, Ms Shipsey had messaged a friend with "tear emojis" saying: "I have just overdosed on DNP. I'm petrified of telling anyone because it is like my 15th overdose."