Severn Trent Water has re-opened bottled water sites in the Rugby area as a precaution.
Last night, residents in Rugby experienced water supply issues. The company says that they are continuing to work on the service reservoir by bringing in water from other areas to help refill the pipes, as well as bringing in tankers to inject water directly into its network.
While the company says that everyone has a water supply at the moment, they say that the demand in the Rugby area is still very high. In order to help avoid any further issues tonight (Saturday 30 June), Severn Trent are urging residents to only use the water that they need.
They are also re-opening bottled water stations as a precautionary measure in these locations:
- Tesco, Leicester Rd, Rugby CV21 1RG
- Sainsbury's, Dunchurch Rd, Rugby CV22 6HU
The bottled water stations will be open until 10pm tonight (Saturday 30 June).
Severn Trent are also specifically asking people to:
- Put garden sprinklers away – a sprinkler can use as much as 1,000 litres of drinking water in just one hour.
- Take a shower rather than a bath - It uses 40 litres less water and it’s quicker.
- Avoid washing cars, but if it is necessary, use a bucket and sponge rather than a hose.
Severn Trent has also apologised to those residents in Rugby who were affected by the water supply issues last night.