A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life after a flat fire in Kidderminster left a mother and her five-year-old son critically injured. The boy's condition is now described as "serious but stable."
A 41-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life after a flat fire in Kidderminster left a mother and her five-year-old son critically injured.
The fire, above a shop in the Horsefair area of the town, was reported at 9.55pm last night.
The woman, who is 22, remains in a critical condition and the boy's condition is now described as "serious but stable".
Two others were treated for the effects of smoke inhalation and taken to Worcester Hospital. Their condition is not described as serious.
Horsefair and Radford Avenue down to the Ringway remain closed.
Former Cabinet minister and Sutton Coldfield MP Andrew Mitchell must accept the verdict of the High Court on the "Plebgate" libel action and move on, David Cameron has said.
The Prime Minister insisted it was "never right to be abusive or rude" to a police officer and said the judge had "made very clear his verdict".
Mr Justice Mitting decided that the former chief whip did call Pc Toby Rowland a "pleb" because the officer did not have the "wit, imagination or inclination" to invent it.
Asked about the outcome of the case after he made a keynote speech in Staffordshire on immigration, Mr Cameron said: "On the issue of Andrew Mitchell, I mean, let me be clear - it is never right to be abusive or rude to a police officer. I think that is extremely important.
"But, look, we've had a court case now. That's how we do things in this country.
"The judge has made very clear his verdict and I think everyone should accept that verdict and move on."
Mr Justice Mitting said he had reached the "firm conclusion" that the 58-year-old MP used the "politically-toxic" word "pleb" in Downing Street in September 2012 when he was not allowed to cycle through the main vehicle gates.
Mr Mitchell, who resigned as whip a month after the altercation, vehemently denied this during his two-week libel action against News Group Newspapers.
The largest Christmas tree festival in Northamptonshire has opened. 111 trees have been entered this year from local community groups and families.
St Giles Church in Desborough hosts the festival and this year is there 15th year.
There are many different themes this year, from Doctor Who, to the Fisrt World War and of course a particular children's film, 'Frozen.'
The festival is open for people to go and view all weekend. From 3pm - 9pm today, Friday 28th November and 10am - 6pm Saturday 29th and 11.30am - 5.30pm on SUnday 30th November.
Two people from Birmingham have been charged with assisting an offender in the murder of a woman in Pakistan.
Gulam Asia, 49, died after being shot several times outside her home in the county's capital Lahore in July last year.
Tariq Rana, who is 30 and from the UK, is accused of killing her and will be tried in the UK after being arrested here on Wednesday.
Nargis Ahmed, 33, and Mohammed Adeel, 35, have been charged with assisting an offender.
All three will appear at Hendon Magistrates' Court in north London later today.
A woman and a boy, believed to be mother and son, are in a critical condition after a flat fire in Worcestershire, which is being treated as suspicious.
Police, firefighters and the ambulance service were called to the fire above a shop in The Horsefair in Kidderminster just before 10pm on Thursday.
West Mercia Police and Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service have now launched an investigation into the incident, and confirmed the fire is being treated as suspicious.
Nick Cadman, North Worcestershire Fire Commander, described the rescue operation as "significant".
Roy Keane has issued a statement following Aston Villa's announcement the he has left the club, saying his roles with the club and the Irish national team "have become too much".
The former Manchester United midfielder joined Villa in July to assist boss Paul Lambert after his previous backroom staff were sacked following an internal club investigation.
Number two Ian Culverhouse and head of football operations Gary Karsa left at the end of last season after an inquiry into off-field matters.
Keane said in a statement: "Ultimately, my roles with Villa and Ireland and combining my commitment to these have become too much.
"It isn't fair to either Villa or Ireland, so I've made this decision.
"I'd like to thank Paul for giving me a great opportunity to come to a brilliant football club, I've really enjoyed my experiences at Villa and I wish the management team, the players, the supporters and the club nothing but the best going forward."
Lambert added: "Roy came to me this morning and he informed me that, ultimately, the difficulty of combining both roles has prompted his decision, which I respect totally.
"In the brief period we have worked together he has been great in the role and I understand his reasons for leaving."
Aston Villa has announced Roy Keane has left the club with immediate effect. He joined Villa as Assistant Manager in July.
The 43-year-old had been splitting his time between Villa and his job as Martin O'Neill's number two with the Republic of Ireland.
Keane has stepped down from the Premier League club ahead of their trip to Burnley on Saturday.