A Midlands food firm has been fined £16,000 after chicken was found in lamb kebabs as part of a crackdown after the horse meat scandal.Read the full story ›
Paramedics in the Midlands are taking part in a trial to see if using adrenaline can help treat those who've suffered cardiac arrest.
West Midlands Ambulance crews will compare the effectiveness of CPR over the drug. Some patients will be given adrenaline as well us current treatment methods, with its effects assessed against those who've received the standards methods.
The research is being coordinated by the University of Warwick.
A three-year-old who used to have up to 250 seizures a day and was never expected to walk has just taken her first steps - see them here!Read the full story ›
Andrew Dodsworth is hoping that by "banking" his voice he will be able to keep some of his identity, if the condition causes his voice to goRead the full story ›
Smoking is putting four hundred thousand children in poverty according to researchers from the University of Nottingham.
It is the first UK study to highlight how smoking impacts on family finances.
It suggests some parents are likely to forgo basic household and food necessities to fund their addiction.
A family of five have been involved in a 'significant' car crash in Hereford, which left a father, mother and three children in hospital.Read the full story ›
A Conservative MP has criticised a new rule that prevents members inhaling e-cigarettes inside their private offices at Westminster.Read the full story ›
A man has criticised the end of life care given to his elderly mother in her home and says he believes a medical procedure could have hastened her death.
Paul Brown from Groby says he was unhappy with the care given to 88-year-old Jean Brown, on the day before she died. Leicestershire NHS Partnership Trust has now started an investigation.
Our Health Correspondent Nancy Cole reports.
A coroner has found there were serious failings in the care of a pensioner who died after falling out of bed in hospital.
Herbert Millar died from a bleed on his brain after the fall at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham in January.
At an inquest last week a coroner ruled that a failure to provide supervision contributed to his death.
The hospital says it has reiterated its policies and procedures relating to falls, risks and observation standards to all staff. In a statement bosses also said:
In addition, spot audits on compliance to falls prevention standards have been implemented on the wards.
A 21-year-old girl has died after taking the contraceptive pill, her grieving parents have claimed.Read the full story ›