One Aston Villa fan certainly saw the funny side after Fabian Delph was taken off injured just 20 minutes into his Manchester City debut.
The supporter was pictured inside the Melbourne Cricket Ground where City were thrashed 4-1 by Real Madrid on their preseason tour of Australia.
The image was then shared by Villa fans on Instagram.
Delph moved from Aston Villa to City in an £8 million deal earlier this month, just a week after claiming he wanted to stay in Birmingham.
Northampton Town have unveiled their home and away kit for the 2015/16 season.Read the full story ›
Fabian Delph's Manchester City debut ended with a suspected hamstring injury as Real Madrid claimed a 4-1 victory in the International Champions Cup game in Melbourne.
The 25-year-old midfielder, who signed from Aston Villa after making a U-turn over his switch to City last week, lasted less than 20 minutes after a tussle with Luka Modric resulted in him being carried from the pitch on a stretcher.
City will now face an anxious wait to determine the severity of Delph's injury, with their opening Barclays Premier League match against West Brom just over two weeks away.
The sale of West Brom has hit a hitch after Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace announced talks with a possible buyer had been suspended.
Peace announced earlier this month that an exclusivity arrangement had been set up with one unnamed party but no longer feels they can meet the terms of sale.
"I have today brought to a close the period of exclusivity announced on July 3 and suspended negotiations with the interested party involved over the sale of West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd," Peace said in a statement released on the club's official website.
"I entered into an exclusivity arrangement in good faith after agreeing terms for the sale but it is now clear to me that this potential purchaser is unable to fulfil the terms of that agreement at this time."
Stoke City fans may be cracking a wry smile this morning after their former goalkeeper Asmir Begovic had a nightmare debut for Chelsea last night.
He conceded four goals during just one half in a 4-2 friendly defeat by New York Red Bulls.
The 28-year-old, who spent five seasons at the Britannia Stadium, moved to Stamford Bridge earlier this month in an £8 million deal.
Begovic came on as a half-time substitute in New York against a side made up of squad players.
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho defended his new signing, claiming he was just 'tired'.
"First of all I think he was tired," said Mourinho after the match,
"When goalkeepers are very tired, co-ordination is low, agility doesn't exist, speed and reaction doesn't exist."
Liverpool have confirmed they have signed striker Christian Benteke from Aston Villa.Read the full story ›
As Christian Benteke completes a £32.5 million move to Liverpool, where can Tim Sherwood look to replace the Belgian at Villa Park?Read the full story ›
Esteban Cambiasso has tonight confirmed he will not be re-signing with Leicester City.
Leicester City says it would like to "express its sincerest thanks" to the Argentine midfielder "for his exceptional contribution during the 2014/15 season."
On his Facebook page Cambiasso said:
"I would like to announce that I have decided not to renew my contract with Leicester City. I have taken this decision only 24 hours after receiving the proposal from Leicester because I want to give the club as much time as possible to find an alternative.
"I would like to thank all the fans who last season made me feel proud to be part of a club with an unforgettable spirit and energy. And a very special thanks to all my team mates, staff and every people of the club, with whom I have lived one of the most important years of my career, crowned with the remaining EPL status. Many thanks to everyone, keeping you all forever in my heart.."
West Brom are expected to step up their interest in Liverpool's Rickie Lambert in the next 24 hours.
The Baggies are keen to bring the striker to The Hawthorns and talks are set to take place between all parties, Press Association Sport understands.
A deal could be wrapped up by the end of the week with Albion's transfer activity expected to gather pace now boss Tony Pulis has returned from the United States following their three-game tour.
Pulis is hunting a new striker to help Saido Berahino with question marks over record signing Brown Ideye's future following a disappointing first season in England.
Lambert also struggled to make an impact at Liverpool after a move from Southampton last summer with the 33-year-old scoring just three times in 36 appearances.
Tony Pulis has made it clear that he has spoken to James McClean about his responsibilities to the Club.
The Republic of Ireland winger turned away and bowed his head during the playing of the National Anthem before Albion's friendly.
McClean's gesture prompted heated debate across social media platforms and now Pulis has now offered his own opinion.
“I didn’t see the situation but I had a chat with him and explained what we do as a football club and the way we are and I think he’s fine with everything.
“We’ve got Northern Ireland lads in the squad and he’s been absolutely fantastic with them, and the way he’s mixed and integrated with the group has been brilliant.
“I’ve seen the pictures and he’s got to turn towards the flag like everybody else has and he recognises that.
“He thought he was OK to close his eyes and put his head down in respect of both anthems.
“The trouble is he’s got to face the flag.”
The Albion head coach says that McClean's gesture was ill-judged and that the matter has been dealt with internally.