Phil Wright, who owns a pub near a campsite in which a teenage girl died has said that the group were "concerned" when nobody in the family's tent awoke this morning.
The girl died from suspected carbon-monoxide poisoning, while three other people have been taken to hospital. Mr Wright said:
– Phil Wright
They had gone into the tent and found them all unconscious. One of the sisters came and said, 'we need an ambulance urgently' The emergency services were on the scene within five minutes. They worked on the girl for some time but they couldn't save her.
It has been devastating. It is really tragic. Nobody has done anything wrong, they have just not realised the dangers of disposable barbecues.
A girl has died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite in Bucknall in Shropshire.
An 11 year old boy, a man and a woman have also been taken to hospital in serious conditions.
Police say they are treating the death as suspicious.
A girl has died at a campsite in Shropshire from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
It happened in Bucknall this morning.
An 11 year-old boy and a man and a woman are also in hospital.
– Detective Inspector Gavin Kinrade, West Mercia Police
We are treating the girl's death as unexplained, but at this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.
A girl has died and three other people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Shropshire.
It happened at a camp site in Bucknall this morning.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “Crews arrived at the campsite to find CPR being carried out on a girl who was in cardiac arrest.
Sadly, despite their best efforts nothing could be done to save the girl and she was confirmed dead on scene."
An 11 year-old boy was also found to be suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
He's been airlifted to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital for emergency treatment.
A woman and a man were also given oxygen and were taken to hospital.