– Club England Managing Director Adrian Bevington
The FA England Awards will help to promote the excellent work being put in by players and coaches at all levels of the National Team set-up.
Playing for England is the pinnacle for all involved in football and it will be great to have opportunity to celebrate this achievement at our new national football centre.
The fact our fans can have a say, with some invited to the actual event, is very fitting and we also look forward to working closely with the Bobby Moore Fund.
Today's inaugural Football Association (FA) England Awards will recognize achievements in eleven different categories, they are as follows:
- Senior Men’s Player of the Year
- Senior Women’s Player of the Year
- England Men’s U21 Player of the Year
- England Women’s U23 Player of the Year
- England Men’s Youth Player of the Year
- England Women’s Youth Player of the Year
- Disability Player of the Year
- Club England Team of the Year
- England C Player of the Year
- FA Chairman David Bernstein will choose and present the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Brian Woolnough Writers’ Award (in memory of the late Daily Star chief sports writer).
- The awards event will have a strong charitable association with the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research.
The inaugural Football Association (FA) England Awards will take place later today at St. George's Park, the new home of the FA's 24 England teams.
As part of the FA's 150th anniversary year celebrations, eleven awards will be presented in what will become an annual event.
The senior England team will be in attendance ahead of their friendly match against Brazil on Wednesday at Wembley Stadium.