Police have named the two women, a mother and her daughter, who were found dead in a house in Kings Heath, Birmingham last month. A post mortem examination found that the 95-year-old mother was suffocated.
Mystery remains over deaths of mother and daughter
Police investigating the deaths of an elderly mother and daughter whose bodies were discovered in a Birmingham house last month have named them as Irene Sawyer and Kathleen Sawyer.
The pair were found dead in their Kings Heath home on the 11th February after concerned neighbours contacted the emergency services.
However, the events surrounding their deaths remains unclear. Post mortem examinations have now confirmed that 95-year-old Irene Sawyer died as a result of suffocation and 64-year-old Kathleen died from significant blood loss from a chest injury.
However it remains unclear whether this was self inflicted or as a result of natural causes.
West Midlands Police say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths and the case has been referred to the coroner.
Post mortem examination after mother and daughter were found dead
Post mortem examinations will be carried out today on the bodies of a mother and daughter who were found dead at a house in Birmingham on Monday.
Police have ruled out that the 95 and 64 year old died from carbon monoxide poisioning.
Police and fire crew officers forced entry to the terraced home in Balaclava Road, Kings Heath, just before 7pm to find the mother and daughter inside the address. They were both pronounced dead at the scene.
Police investigating the deaths of two elderly women who were found in a Kings Heath house yesterday (Monday 11 February) have ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police and fire crew officers forced entry to the terraced home in Balaclava Road, Birmingham, just before 7pm to find the mother and daughter, aged 95 and 64, inside the address. They were both pronounced dead at the scene.
The post mortems will be carried out tomorrow, however tests conducted by the fire service confirmed there was no carbon monoxide leak in the property.
The deaths are still being treated as unexplained.