- 2 updates
West Midlands Ambulance Service has put the following Ambulance stations up for sale across the region as part of restructuring plans to the way it provides emergency care.
- Chelmsley Wood ambulance station, Birmingham - guide price £380,000
- Hobmoor Road ambulance station, Small Heath, Birmingham - guide price £375,000
- Monyhull ambulance station, Kings Heath, Birmingham B30 3QJ – guide price £330,000
- Solihull ambulance station - guide price £450,000
- Sutton Coldfield ambulance station - guide price £350,000.
- Craven Arms ambulance station, Shropshire - guide price £200,000.
- Dordon ambulance station, Warwickshire - guide price £475,000
West Midlands Ambulance service have announced which stations it plans to sell-off in a re-organistion of how it operates across the region.
Instead larger 'hubs' are being built in the West Midlands, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire.
The service says vehicles will be prepared at the hubs, ready for when crews start their shifts.
It claims this will cut down on ambulance crews spending time cleaning or restocking the vehicles, giving them more time to respond to medcial emergencies.