- 3 updates
The Co-operative Group has issued the following statistics abouts its new distribution centre in Derbyshire.
- Construction costs for the build were £22,000,000
- 1,000,000 cases of produce will pass through the distribution centre every week
- The floor area is 480,000 sq ft
- There will be 2,600 deliveries of produce to the site each week
- When fully operational it will employ 1060 people
- 300 new jobs are being created
- There are 273 vehicles on site
- It will be in operation 24 hours a day, seven days a week
This is a first look inside a £22 million distribution centre built by The Co-operative Group in Derbyshire.
The supermarket chain received more than 2000 applications for just 300 new jobs at the site.
Eventually more than 1000 people will be employed there.
A major supermarket chain is set to unveil a new £22m distribution centre in Derbyshire, creating 300 new jobs. The Co-operative Group received more than 2200 applications for the new roles in South Normanton which will eventually employ 1060 people.