Warning about bling dummies

New bling dummies could pose a choking risk, parents in the Midlands have been warned.

Live updates

"Bling" dummies could choke babies

Bling dummies are causing safety concern among Trading Standards officers Credit: Wolverhampton Trading Standards

Parents in the Midlands are being warned "bling dummies" could pose a choking hazard for babies.

Trading standards officers in Wolverhampton have issued a warning about dummy chains, which have been decorated by people at home and then sold via the internet.

The concerns include gem stones becoming detached and swallowed by children, the glue could be potentially toxic and there are concerns about hygiene issues.

The advice is to get these dummies checked out by Trading Standards officers before use.

Back to top