- 5 updates
A couple from Leicestershire have had a lucky escape after their bungalow was wrecked by a gas explosion. They both got out unharmed, even though the roof of their home collapsed into the building and caught fire.
Neighbours said they were woken in the early hours of this morning by a series of explosions. Watch Keith Wilkinson's full report.
Investigations continue after a gas explosion ripped through a bungalow in Leicestershire last night. Nobody was hurt in the incident that happened in the early hours of this morning.
Forensic investigators remain at the scene trying to find out exactly what happened. The latest information is that the gas explosion came from the kitchen and is thought to be accidental.
An eyewitness tells ITV News Central she heard three loud bangs before she saw her neighbour's bungalow in flames.
A gas explosion has caused part of a bungalow in Leicestershire to collapse. Part of the roof has caved in, and parts of the wall has fallen down.
A bungalow has been destroyed by a gas explosion in Leicestershire this morning.
The Leicester Mercury reports that firefighters arrived at the home, in Aldridge Road, Burbage, in the early hours of the morning to find the roof collapsed at one end, and a fire in the kitchen.