- 3 updates
- This is the first time both sides have played each other in the League Cup.
- Notts County have not beaten Liverpool since 1956.
- The Magpies have lost nine of their last 12 games to the Reds.
- They last played in March 1992 with Liverpool winning 4-0.
- Notts County's 3-2 win against Fleetwood Town in the previous round was their first win in the cup for three years.
- They have started the season poorly, losing three out of four league games.
- Liverpool are the competition's most successful club, having won the trophy a record eight times.
- Their most recent success came in 2012, beating Cardiff City on penalties.
- They have lost at Anfield to lower league opposition before, most notably Northampton Town in 2010.
Notts County visit Premier League giants Liverpool tonight, in the second round of the Capital One Cup.
The League One side have started the season poorly, gaining a single point from their opening four games.
The Magpies' only win this season came against League Two's Fleetwood Town in the Capital One Cup first round.
Notts County boss, Chris Kiwomya, may have to cope without captain Dean Leacock (leg), Alan Sheehan (hamstring), Danny Haynes (knock) and Enoch Showunmi (back) who all missed Saturday's 1-0 loss to Stevenage.
Liverpool have started the season brightly, with two wins against Stoke City and Aston Villa. Manager, Brendan Rodgers, might use tonight's game to field youngsters including Raheem Sterling, Andre Wisdom and summer signing Luis Alberto.
Latest ITV News reports
A look at tonight's Capital One Cup second round action.