11:04 am, Wed 27 Nov 2013
Investigators have narrowed down the location of faulty electrics which sparked a fatal house fire in Derbyshire last week.
Experts say the wiring which caused the blaze was situated between the ground and first floor of the house in North Wingfield.
Two young boys, their mother and a family friend were all killed in the fire, which happened on November 20.
A spokesman for Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service said:
We would once again like to convey our thoughts and sympathy to the families of the deceased at this very distressing time.
10:25 am, Wed 27 Nov 2013
Faulty electrical wiring was to blame for a blaze which ripped through a Derbyshire home, killing four people, investigators said today.
Two boys, 12-year-old Jordan Green, and Tyler Green, 9, died in hospital following the fire.
Jordan (left) and Tyler Green
Credit: Family handout
Their mother, 32-year-old Josie Leighton, and her friend Claire James, 27, both died at the scene.
An investigation was launched by Derbyshire Police and Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service after the fire, which spread through the home in North Wingfield on November 20.
It has now been concluded, with experts saying it was an accidental fire.
The house where four people died in a fire
Credit: ITV News Central
5:24 pm, Sun 24 Nov 2013
The Reverend Colin Cooper, who led the memorial service for the four victims of a house fire in North Wingfield near Chesterfield, says the community is understandably grieving over the tragedy.
4:28 pm, Sun 24 Nov 2013
Book of condolence opened at today's service
A memorial service has been held in the church of four people who died in a house fire near Chesterfield.
Mourners gathered to pay their respects and a book of condolence was opened for locals to offer support to the relatives.
Josie Leighton, 32, and her sons Tyler, nine, and Jordan Green, 12, were killed in the fire at a house in North Wingfield along with Claire James, 27.
2:58 pm, Sun 24 Nov 2013
A church service is taking place this afternoon for the four people who died in a house fire in North Wingfield, Derbyshire, last Wednesday.
Jordan (left) and Tyler Green
Credit: Family photo
Two boys, 12-year-old Jordan Green, and Tyler Green, 9, died in hospital following the fire. Their mother, 32-year-old Josie Leighton, and Claire James, 27, both died at the scene.
The service is about to start at St Lawrence's Church in the village.
5:21 pm, Fri 22 Nov 2013
A fire at a house in North Wingfield which killed four people is believed to have started behind a television in the living room.
Emergency services were called at about 5am on Wednesday.
Claire James, 27, Josie Leighton, 32, and her two sons Tyler Green, nine, and Jordan Green, 12, died following the fire.
Their inquests were opened at Chesterfield coroners' court this afternoon.
11:50 am, Fri 22 Nov 2013
The grandmother of two young boys that died in a house fire in North Wingfield has paid tribute to her daughter and grandsons in a statement released today.
Jordan and Tyler Green aged twelve and nine were killed along with their mother Josie Leighton, 32, and her friend Claire James, 27.
Josie was a lovely, loving daughter who had lots of friends. Tyler was always happy. He loved life, he loved school and was always full of beans Jordan was a real character. He loved his family, specially his grandma and always had lots of friends. They will all be greatly missed.
– Lynn Leighton, mother to Josie Leighton, 32, and grandmother to Jordan and Tyler Green who died in a house fire in North Wingfield.
Jordan's father, Andrew Green, also issued a tribute to his son through police.
I can recall Jordan's first ever words. He was a cheeky, sweet, loving young man. He loved music and skateboarding. He will be deeply missed by me, his dad, and my partner.
– Andrew Green. Father of Jordan Green.
9:36 pm, Thu 21 Nov 2013
Police investigating a fire at a house in North Wingfield in which four people died have said they do not believe it to be suspicious.
Emergency services were called to the scene at around 5am yesterday.
Claire James, Josie Leighton, and her two sons Tyler Green and Jordan Green died following the fire.
Post mortem examinations were carried out today and revealed all four died from smoke inhalation. Investigations into the exact cause of the fire are continuing.
1:30 pm, Thu 21 Nov 2013
A grandmother has described her devastation after her daughter and two grandsons were killed in a house fire in Chesterfield.
Josie Leighton, Jordon Green and Tyler Green died yesterday after a blaze at a house in North Wingfield in Derbyshire.
Tributes are left outside the scene of a house fire on Williamthorpe Road in North Wingfield, Chesterfield
Credit: PA Wire
In a statement Lynn Leighton said: “Josie was a lovely, loving daughter who had lots of friends.
“Tyler was always happy. He loved life, he loved school and was always full of beans. Jordan was a real character. He loved his family, specially his grandma and always had lots of friends.
“They will all be greatly missed. We are devastated by what has happened and we ask for privacy at this time to allow the whole family to grieve.”
Read: House fire victim always had a 'big smile on his face' Load more updates
Back to top