Tonight at 9 o'clock on ITV a television milestone will be reached. After almost 600 editions, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' will be transmitted live for the very last time.
It has been around for 15 years - hosted from day one by former ATV Midlands reporter Chris Tarrant.
The facts and figures:
- It took 122 editions of the show to get its first millionaire - this happened on November 20th 2000
- The format of the show was: 15 questions, 4 multiple choice answers, 3 lifelines to offer help, and one host
- It began in September 1998
- It is now made and seen in 120 countries around the world
- It inspired the book Q and A, which later became the hit movie Slumdog Millionaire
- More than 1,200 people have sat in the hot seat
- There have been five millionaires
- The show has given away more than £55 million
- The show comes to an end tonight