- 7 updates
Investigations are continuing into a gas explosion at a launderette in Derby.
Buildings surrounding Bridge Street had to be evacuated yesterday morning. One person was taken to hospital and was treated for smoke inhalation.
Read more on the story here.
Police have confirmed that all roads in Derby, close to Agard Street, have reopened following reports of an explosion earlier.
Ashbourne Road, Agard Street, Uttoxeter Old Road and Friar Gate were all closed as police and firefighters investigated what had happened.
One person is in hospital being treated for smoke inhalation following a suspected gas explosion on Agard Street, Derby.
East Midlands Ambulance Service says its Hazardous Area Response Team remains on the scene providing medical cover and support.
The Derby Telegraph says it is believed the explosion on Agard Street happened as a result of a gas leak at a laundrette in Kenneth House.
There are reports of an explosion on Agard Street in Derby.
Police have confirmed they are dealing with an incident in the area.
An evacuation is taking place of nearby flats and a doctor's surgery.
Agard Street, Bridge Street, Friar Gate, Mill Street and Nun Street have all been closed.
There are no reports of anyone injured or trapped but there is some debris in the area.