Advice is to use public transport, but if travelling into Birmingham by car during the closures, there are a number of suggested routes which will avoid the tunnels.
- If you would normally enter the city via the M6 junction 6 / A38 Aston Expressway, the suggestion is to use an alternative motorway junction and then the A4540 ring road to get into the city centre.
- Plan your route into the city in advance
- Be aware of the closures when using Sat Nav. The route generated might not be the best to get to your destination.
- Avoid travelling at peak times of day if possible.
- Leave plenty of time for your journey
- Consider using public transport.
It's a month to go until Birmingham's tunnels will close for six weeks so major road works can take place.
The St.Chad's and Queensway tunnels will close from July 19 to September 2 for round the clock maintenance.
A public information event is being held in Victoria Square today to advise people on alternative transport options for this summer’s A38 tunnel closures.
Staffordshire Police say flooding on the A38 near Burton-upon-Trent has caused severe congestion. Earlier today (27 November) the northbound carriageway was completely closed between Barton and Clay Mills.
M6 southbound lane closed on entry slip road, heavy traffic due to shed load at J6 A38 (M) Aston Expressway Spaghetti Junction.
Reports of accident on A38 at A5121 (Branston Interchange).
The A38 in Droitwich Spa in Worcestershire is closed in both directions, due to a serious accident at Copcut Lane near the A38. It's affecting traffic between Droitwich Spa and Worcester. Expect delays.
A38 Bristol Road inbound busy but moving between A4040 Chapel Lane (Selly Oak) and B4217 Priory Road (Priory Crossroads, Edgbaston).
Four people have been taken to hospital, one by an air ambulance, following the crash on the Tyburn Road in Erdington.
West Midlands Ambulance said two cars were involved in the collision, and three ambulances were called to the scene.