One lane is closed and there is heavy traffic due to a broken down vehicle on the M6 Northbound between J6 A38(M) Aston Expressway Spaghetti Junction and J7 A34 (Great Barr).
It has closed lane one of four.
The owner of one of Birmingham’s most famous record shops suffers sunburn every time he watches television or uses a computer.Read the full story ›
Early on Sunday morning electrical safety checks and test runs were carried out by Centro.Read the full story ›
Firefighters are dealing with a severe fire in a derelict factory in Birmingham.
West Midlands Fire Service received a call from Soho Road in Handsworth at 2:50pm this afternoon.
Babbington Road is shut to traffic and West Midlands Fire Service have advised the public to avoid the area.
The mother of suspended Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor has spoken out about his alleged drink and laughing gas binge.Read the full story ›
A house in Birmingham has been gutted by a fire caused by cannabis growth in the loft.Read the full story ›
Vandals have defaced a Birmingham cancer centre set up in memory of schoolboy Harry Moseley.Read the full story ›
Hundreds of people have gathered in Smethwick for the Vaisakhi Parade.
The Vaisakhi Parade 2016 has just started along the High St, passing the Guru Nanak Gurdwara Temple in Smethwick... https://t.co/PIPRsqNwI3
The parade started on the High Street and will make its way past the Guru Nunak Gurdwara Temple before ending in Handsworth Park where festivities will continue.
The following roads in Sandwell will close on a rolling basis:
- B4169 High Street - from its junction with St Alban's Road to its junction with High Street (A4030)
- A4030 High Street - from its junction with High Street (B4169) to its junction with Tollhouse Way (A457)
- A457 Tollhouse Way - from its junction with Crocketts Lane to its junction with Fenton Street)
- B4135 Rolfe Street - from its junction with Tollhouse way (A457) to its junction with Rabone Lane (B4236)
- B4136 Rabone Lane - from its junction with Rolfe Street (B4135) to its junction with Booth Street (B4135)
- B4135 Booth Street - from its junction with Rabone Lane (B4135) to the borough boundary
Birchfield Road in Birmingham is currently closed both ways due a collision involving a number of cars.
Several crashes have forced the closure of carriageways on the M6 and the M5.
The M6 Northbound has been closed between J1 A426 (Rugby / Lutterworth) and J2 M69 / A46 (Coventry) since 5.30am after a serious crash involving a lorry and three cars.
Meanwhile the M5 Northbound is closed for recovery work after a vehicle overturned between J4 A38 (Bromsgrove / Stourbridge) and J3 A456 (Halesowen / Birmingham).
The M5 Southbound was briefly closed to allow the air ambulance to land.