After being floored in the first, and the referee calling it in the ninth - see how Froch fought for his title in pictures.
Carl Froch held an open training session in Nottingham today as the countdown begins to his world title defence on Saturday.
A civic reception is to be held tomorrow in honour of boxer Carl Froch, who was crowned super-middleweight world champion last month.
Former World Heavyweight boxing champion, Evander Holyfield, is going to visit Birmingham Children's Hospital later today to give out presents to patients.
The 50-year-old, who famously had part of his ear bitten off in a bout with Mike Tyson, asked the hospital if he could stop off there as part of his UK tour.
Nottingham's Carl Froch has said he will knock out his opponent George Groves when they meet in Manchester on November 23rd.
Speaking at a news conference today it was also revealed the fight sold out in just 11 minutes.
Super Middleweight boxer Carl Froch has announced that he will be leaving ITV's dance extravaganza Stepping Out.
Full details of the reasons for this move will be announced in Saturday's programme on ITV.
Super-middleweight boxer Carl Froch has said that he will be "100% prepared for George Groves" in their upcoming WBA and IBF World Super-Middleweight title clash.
The boxers are at a news conference today to launch their fight which has been dubbed the 'Battle of Britain'. They go head-to-head in Manchester on 23 November.
– IBF championship chairman Lindsey Tucker speaking to The Sun
Groves has been made our mandatory challenger for Froch.
We have sent letters to both fighters, dated June 10, and asked them to start negotiations for a mandatory defence.
The boxers will have until July 12 to come to an agreement. If they can’t, we will then call for a purse bid.
The successful bidder would be notified by July 24 and we would expect the fight to take place 90 days later, which would take us to the middle of October.
Nottingham's world super-middleweight champion Carl Froch has been ordered to defend his IBF title against George Groves or risk losing it according to reports.
According to The Sun, Froch must take on Groves before the end of October.
Froch, 35, added Mikkel Kessler’s WBA belt to his IBF title with a points win at London’s O2 Arena.
During the build-up, Froch expressed his anger at fellow-Englishman Groves training with Kessler ahead of the fight.
Carl Froch spoke to Steve Clamp about what future plans he has made since retaining his IBF World Super Middleweight Title.
A civic reception is to be held this evening in honour of Nottingham boxer Carl Froch, who was crowned super-middleweight world champion last month.
Fans can gather in the Old Market Square to get a chance to see the 35-year-old champion 'The Cobra', who is expected to arrive from around 6.25pm.
He will appear on the Council House balcony with his boxing belts to address the crowd at around 7.15pm.
At around 7.45pm it is hoped he will meet some of his fans and sign autographs.
Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn says he wants Carl Froch to face Mikkel Kessler or Andre Ward in the winter before an all-British summer clash with George Groves.
Froch exacted revenge on Kessler at the O2 Arena on May 25, adding the WBA belt to his IBF strap in a thrilling contest.
Now Hearn’s attentions are on The Cobra’s next moves and the promoter has two massive dates in mind.
Eddie Hearn said: "Commercially, Froch v Kessler III is just a huge fight. The first two were stunning nights and everyone knows what they would get from the decider."
He added: “Each one has been brutal so we will give Mikkel and his body time to see if he wants to go again."
As well as targeting a huge winter night for Froch, Hearn is planning a summer extravaganza for the Nottingham star – and says an all-British unification bout with ‘Saint’ George Groves would be something special.