The highly anticipated rematch between Nottingham's Carl Froch and George Groves will go ahead.
WBA and IBF World Super Middleweight champion, Carl Froch, has released a statement concerning his next opponent.
After being floored in the first, and the referee calling it in the ninth - see how Froch fought for his title in pictures.
Bernard Hopkins has targeted Carl Froch as his next opponent if 'The Cobra' beats Mikkel Kessler later this month in their WBA and IBF super-middleweight fight.
Froch is fighting Denmark's Kessler at the O2 Arena in London on 25th May and is looking to avenge after his previous defeat to Kessler.
A policeman who runs a boxing club in a Leicestershire village says it has had a major impact on anti-social behaviour in the area.
Andy Cogar, a Leicestershire Police officer, set up the gym four years ago to keep young people off the streets.
One of Andy's proteges has his sights set on the Olympics, while the club has just won a top community award. Peter Bearne reports.
Nottingham's Carl Froch told his boxing rival, Mikkel Kessler, to expect defeat when they meet in London in May.
The three-times world champion, Carl Froch, told ITV News today that he 'has the edge' over his opponent.
The pair have met before when Kessler beat Froch in April 2010 in Herning, Denmark –Kessler’s homeland.
The fight will take place at the O2 in London on May 25.
Nottingham's Carl Froch has been given the chance to revenge his first ever professional defeat against Denmark's Mikkel Kessler.
The super middleweight rematch is described by Matchroom Sport and Sauerland Promotion as 'the fight of the year in boxing'.
Speaking about the fight Froch, the IBF super middleweight champion, said:
"First and foremost, I'm really pleased the fight has finally been arranged."
"Our first fight was pure warfare. We went at each other for every minute of every round and the rematch promises to be even more fiercely contested."
"I seriously wish I was ringside myself for this fight, because I'm gunning for revenge at all costs and the fight fans are in for a real treat."
Mikkel Kessler said:
“I promised Carl we would meet again and here we are, getting ready to leave it all in the ring for a second time. I have the utmost of respect for Carl."
"I feel we are very much alike. He is a great champion, a true warrior that has fought the best opponents all over the world in some of the most hostile places, just like me."
The details of when the fight will take place are expected soon.
Rendall Munroe has confirmed he has retired from boxing.
The Leicester fighter considered quitting after losing his WBA interim super-bantamweight title fight against Scott Quigg last month.
Munroe, 32, who won the European super-bantamweight title four years ago, fought for the world title against Toshiaki Nishioka in Japan in 2010.
His defeat against Quigg on 24 November was only the third of his career, and the first time he had been stopped in 27 fights.
This morning, Carl Froch left his boxing gloves at home and took a few hours off training to have a go at being an auctioneer.
The IBF super middleweight champion, from Nottingham, is defending his title this Saturday against Yusuf Mack.
The 35-year-old, said: "All the hard work is done and I'm ready to go and do the business."
Nottingham's Carl Froch admits he has everything to lose as he defends his IBF super-middleweight title against Yusaf Mack next month.
Froch defends it against the American on 17 November after defeating Lucian Bute in May to become a three-time world champion.