The highly anticipated rematch between Nottingham's Carl Froch and George Groves will go ahead.
WBA and IBF World Super Middleweight champion, Carl Froch, has released a statement concerning his next opponent.
After being floored in the first, and the referee calling it in the ninth - see how Froch fought for his title in pictures.
Wembley Stadium will host Carl Froch's defence of his IBF and WBA super-middleweight titles in a re-match with George Groves on May 31.
The two will meet in the first bout to be contested under the arch of the new Wembley Stadium.
Froch stopped Groves in the ninth round of their last contest but controversy followed with many experts suggesting referee Howard Foster stepped in when Groves was able to continue.
Nottingham-born Froch kept hold of his belts despite being knocked to the mat by Groves in the opening round but, earlier this year, the IBF ordered a re-match.
Froch, 36, said he was proud to be part of a fight at the new Wembley, labelling the announcement as "massive".
It has just been announced that Wembley Stadium will host the Carl Froch-George Groves re-match on May 31.
George Groves has told his 150,000 Twitter followers that Nottingham boxer Carl Froch has made a 'terrible terrible mistake', following yesterday's announcement that a rematch is on.
Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn said the second encounter is going to be 'something very special'.
Mad day today..just to thank you all for your patience and support..it's on..this is going to be something VERY special! #frochvgrovesII
'The Cobra', as Froch is known in the boxing world, said he is "excited" for the fight.
It was announced yesterday that the highly anticipated rematch between Nottingham's Carl 'The Cobra' Froch and George Groves will go ahead.
The showdown second fight has been scheduled for May 31 after the first encounter was controversially stopped by the referee in the ninth round.
But who is favourite this time round?
Carl Froch to win - 8/15
George Groves to win - 6/4
Draw - 25/1
Odds courtesy of SkyBet. Odds correct at time of publication.
Carl Froch and George Groves have agreed to a rematch, according to reports.
More to follow.
Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn today said they remain confident that the hotly-anticipated rematch between Nottinghamshire boxer Carl Froch and George Groves will happen.
He admitted that negotiations were proving "frustrating" as a number of possible deals had fallen through - but said he was "still hopeful" a date could be set.
Groves has been campaigning for a rematch since his controversial defeat to Froch in the WBA and IBF Super Middleweight title fight last year.
Speaking to PA Sport, Hearn said when it happens, it will be the "biggest fight out there".
It's frustrating. Earlier this week it felt like we were quite close and then it was not so close a few hours later.
I'm still hopeful we can get there, as I have been from the start.
Both fighters have probably got to loosen their belts a little bit and then hopefully we can get there. It's frustrating at the moment but we're still hopeful.
As the promoter I have to look at all the options for Carl Froch, including Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Gennady Golovkin as potential opponents.
But, ultimately, this is the biggest fight out there, I've said that from day one.
He said the IBF's decision to call for a rematch has improved the chances of it eventually happening.
Lindsey Tucker, the IBF championships chairman said: "We have ordered an immediate rematch between Carl Froch and George Groves.
"After a fight our rules say a boxer has 10 days to file an appeal. Groves did that, and at a hearing on January 15 in Newark we had a three-man panel review all of the evidence and they came back with the decision we must order a rematch.
"The 90 day period starts from Friday, January 24 and I'm pretty sure Carl Froch will have already received notification.
"If he fails to defend the belt against Groves within this period it's more than likely he will lose his title.
"The fighters and their teams have a certain amount of time to come to an agreement and if they can't, it will come down to purse bids."
She added: "If for some reason Froch gave up the title then we would order the two highest-rated guys to fight for the vacant belt.
"Since we already ordered Groves to fight Froch, he would be likely to be one of the guys to fight for that vacant title."
Carl Froch has been ordered to give rival George Groves a rematch within 90 days or be stripped of his world title by the International Boxing Federation.
Froch claimed on Friday that Groves rejected "a seven-figure sum" for a second chance after their controversial fight in November, which the champion won with a contentious ninth-round stoppage to keep his WBA and IBF belts.
Groves admits he has turned down an offer but is adamant he is as eager as ever to get back into the ring with Froch, and his cause has been helped after the IBF decided the bout was controversial enough to merit an immediate rematch.
Nottingham boxer Carl Froch has been ordered to give George Groves a rematch within 90 days or be stripped of his title by the International Boxing Federation.
Earlier today Froch claimed that Groves had rejected "a seven-figure sum" for a second fight.
It follows their controversial bout in November, which the champion won with a contentious ninth-round stoppage to keep his WBA and IBF belts.
Groves has admitted he turned down an offer but insists he is eager to get back into the ring with Froch.