Birmingham Carnival takes place today at Handsworth Park with around 30,000 people expected to attend.
The 28th Leicester Caribbean Carnival takes place today between the city centre and Victoria Park.
Today is the second day of the Caribbean Carnival in Nottingham. The streets were alive with colourful costumes and music.
Despite the weather being far from the temperatures of the Caribbean, Handsworth Park in Birmingham is celebrating Caribbean culture. Already revellers and participants have lined the streets, refusing to let the wet weather dampen their spirits.
An estimated 30,000 people attended the Caribbean Carnival in Leicester yesterday and police say no arrests were made during the celebrations.
Leicester is currently bidding to become the UK's city of culture for 2017, and the city's annual Caribbean carnival is likely to give the judges something to think about.
Held today, the event is now a firmly established fixture for an estimated 20,000 spectators who join in the fun.
Residents in Handsworth and carnival attendees are being warned of road closures during the carnival which takes place tomorrow Sunday 4th August.
30,000 people are expected at the carnival with thousands lining the streets to cheer on the procession of steel bands, floats and carnival troupes as they weave through Handsworth from Holyhead Road to Handsworth Park
• An exclusion zone will be implemented on the day containing roads bordering Rookery Road, Oxhill Road/Church Lane, Hamstead Road, Villa Road, Soho Road from 9am and 11am until 8.30pm with Soho Road only being closed while the procession passes along to Handsworth Park.
• All households within the exclusion zone have been provided with letters containing two red vehicle passes to gain entry to their roads.
• Residents and businesses along Grove Lane between Albert Road and Herbert Road have been issued with a special blue pass to park on Hinstock Road.
• Limited public parking will be available (weather dependent) in Handsworth Park via Hamstead Road.
• Disabled car parking for blue badge holders will be via Hinstock Road.
#CaribbeanCarnival procession back in Victoria Park and sun is shining again. London Road reopen to traffic