Thieves have stolen a dozen Christmas trees grown by visually impaired students at a special needs college.Read the full story ›
Youngsters at a Birmingham-based charity which helps people with hearing and sensory impairments have designed their own range of Christmas cards, as part of an appeal to help reduce the isolation many older people face at Christmas.
Deaf youngsters from the Ladywood-based Bid Services charity have designed a number of festive cards to help their appeal.
The charity say they received more than 60 designs from children as young as four.
The winning card designs are from:
- Karsel Campbell-Nottage, Longwill School, aged 4
- Alishba Azhir, Longwill School, aged 9
- Megan McGrath, Braidwood Trust School, aged 11
- Hasanur Hasan, Braidwood Trust School, aged 12
- Luke Brooks, Braidwood Trust School, aged 13
- Safa Saleem, Bordesley Green Girls School, aged 14
"We will be displaying all of the artwork at the Deaf Cultural Centre, Ladywood Road, Birmingham, during the Christmas period...The young winners will be visiting us on Tuesday, 8th December, when they will be presented with a certificate and a copy of their printed Christmas card".
All Saints Church in Kings Heath, Birmingham, has much community involvement, especially this year.Read the full story ›
With Christmas fast approaching, ITV News Central welcomed the man behind one of the biggest ever Christmas songs to the studio today.
Roy Wood, who lives in Derbyshire, is best known for the Wizzard number 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day'.
You can watch our full interview with him below.
A couple in Coventry have covered their house in 30,000 Christmas lights to celebrate the festive season.Read the full story ›
Your guide to Christmas lights 2015: When can you see the switch on in the Midlands? Here’s the ITV News Central guide for when your area will be signalling the start of the festive season.
- Wednesday 18th November
- Shrewsbury - High Street - 5.45pm
- Thursday 19th November
- Lincoln - High Street - 7.10pm
- Northampton - Market Place - 5.30pm
- Telford - Square - 6.30pm
- Oswestry - Town Centre - 4pm
- Friday 20th November
- Nottingham - Old Market Square - 5.30pm
- Bridgnorth - High Street - 6.15pm
- Hinckley - Town Centre - 4pm
- Saturday 21st November
- Stafford - Guildhall Shopping Centre - 5pm
- Halesowen - Town Centre - 5pm
- Sunday 22nd November
- Leicester - Humberstone Gate - 4.30pm
- Chesterfield - Town Centre - 3.30pm
- Wednesday 25th November
- Coventry - Broadgate Square - 5pm
- Thursday 26th November
- Wolverhampton - Market Square - 6.30pm
- Warwick - Market Place - 5pm
- Stratford-Upon-Avon - Town Hall - 4pm
- Kettering - Town Centre - 6.30pm
- Friday 27th November
- West Bromwich - High Street - 6.30pm
- Saturday 28th November
- Stoke - Albion Square - 7.30pm
- Wellingborough - Town Centre - 6.30pm
- Sunday 29th November
- Loughborough - Market Place - 5pm
Here's your guide to what's on in the East Midlands this weekend.Read the full story ›
Here's your guide to what's on in the West Midlands this weekend.Read the full story ›
Solihull will not be having an official Christmas lights switch-on this year because of health and safety fears, it's been revealed.Read the full story ›
People in the Midlands spend almost £3.6bn on Christmas presents each year, according to new research.Read the full story ›