A woman from Sileby in Leicestershire has pleaded guilty to wasting 177 hours of police time with a cost of at least £4,000 to Leicestershire Police.
Maureen Stork, 55, was arrested in September for causing a public nuisance after she was reported to be walking in the road outside of her house and obstructing vehicles.
Police had also been called to the property on several separate occasions after reports that Stork had cut off her hand and that she had fallen down the stairs, breaking her neck. Both reports turned out to be untrue.
She pleaded guilty to five counts of wasting police time and one count of obstructing a highway at Loughborough Magistrates Court on Monday and received a 36 month conditional discharge.
West Midlands Police are appealing for help after a suspected would-be burglar was scared off by a neighbour in Wolverhampton this week.
The man was captured on a neighbour's security camera as he walked along Mount Road in the Penn area of the city at around 4:40pm on Monday afternoon.
Detective Sergeant Nicki Addison, from Wolverhampton CID, said: "Thankfully a burglary was not committed because the thief ran away after being shouted at by the occupier from an upstairs window.”
"But we clearly need to find the person responsible as they are still out there and could be attempting to commit other offences.”
"If anyone recognises the man in the images I would urge them to get in touch as soon as possible."
Anyone who can assist the investigation should contact DS Addison and her team at Wolverhampton CID on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Sandwell Police say they have arrested 45 people for burglary and vehicle crime since the start of a new operation to crackdown on offenders in the West Midlands area.
Operation Olympia, which began in October and will now continue throughout the winter, is focusing on handlers of stolen goods and looks to arrest those responsible for burglary and vehicle crime.
Neighbourhood officers are offering forensic property marking kits to local residents and encouraging everyone in the borough to register mobile phones and gadgets on a national database called ‘Immobilise’.
This operation has proven to have a significant impact amongst people who commit crime in Sandwell. We want offenders and their associates to remember that it will not be tolerated and we will do everything that we can to bring them to justice.
Nine members of a wedding party were injured when they were attacked outside a Birmingham city centre bar.
Detectives have now released CCTV pictures of three men wanted in connection with the fracas, which happened outside Mechu bar in Summer Row.
One man suffered a cracked rib while several other guests were bruised when they were set upon by a group of around 15 people.
Det Cons Pete Gee, from Force CID, said officers had been ploughing through CCTV from September 22 to try to discover what exactly happened that night - and urged anyone who recognises the three men in the images to come forward.
It’s amazing nobody was more seriously injured during this disturbance which involved a large number of people.
We’ve been closely scrutinising CCTV footage for several weeks in an attempt to establish exactly what happened that night and we have identified three individuals we want to trace.
One of the men was Asian, around 5ft 11ins tall with short black hair, and was around 21 or 22. The second man was white, aged between 22 and 24 and was the same height; while the third man was shorter, aged between 25 and 30 and was wearing a dark grey blazer.
A manhunt has been launched by Nottinghamshire Police after a 21-year-old was stabbed in the early hours of today.
The victim was attacked at around 1.15am in Long Lane, Carlton-in-Lindrick. He was taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary.
Police this afternoon said he remains in a "serious but stable" condition.
Long Lane has been closed while investigations continue.
A man believed to have threatened a teenage boy and stolen his phone on a Birmingham bus is being hunted by police.
Officers from West Midlands Police have today released CCTV footage of the suspect, after the 19-year-old was targeted on the X64 bus in Bristol Street.
The thief, described as black and in his 20s, then got off the bus and ran off with the boy's Samsung phone.
Det Cons Kelly Hill, from Birmingham CID, appealed for anyone who recognises the man to come forward.
The teenager wasn’t hurt but was threatened by the man and left shaken by what happened.
We hope that by releasing the image someone may recognise the man and provide us with some information about him.
The robbery happened shortly after 9pm on September 27.
Seventeen cars have been damaged and broken into in a crime spree overnight in Nottingham.
Sat navs, CDs, wallets and personal documents were stolen from the cars, which were all parked in and around the Aspley and Bells Lane areas.
The thieves targeted cars in Welstead Avenue, Arklow Close, Dulverton Vale, Surbiton Square and Munford Circus.
Insp Gordon Fenwick called the crimes "unacceptable" and appealed for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
"To wake up on a Sunday morning only to find that a window to your vehicle has been smashed and things stolen from inside is a shock," he said.
"The aftermath of having to pay out to get things repaired can drag on for days or weeks – something that the people who did this just don’t care about. It is unacceptable."
A man being hunted by police for attacking two people in Milton Keynes may be in the Midlands.
Darren Levy, aged 31, is wanted for attacking a man and a woman outside a Tesco Express store in the Walnut Tree area of the city, using a dog chain to attack the woman and fracturing her jaw.
He is also wanted on recall to prison.
Police believe he could be in the Northamptonshire or West Midlands areas.
They have warned anyone who thinks they have seen him not to approach him but to let them know immediately.
A "large" man caught on camera is being hunted by police for stealing from a pensioner at a home in Birmingham.
The man is suspected of carrying out a distraction burglary at a sheltered accommodation home in Wretham Road, Lozells.
Police believe he arrived at the home at around 1.30pm on September 29. He convinced a patient with dementia to let him in, before asking an 87-year-old man to lend him a notepad so he could write a note to the manager.
CCTV footage appears to show him searching through the man's coat pockets while his back was turned, making off with a wallet containing £160 cash.
Aged in his 30s or 40s, police say the man was white, around 5ft 9ins, with a "very large fat build".
A senior police officer who helped put three armed robbers behind bars for smashing their way into a Warwickshire bank with a digger has welcomed their 40-year sentence.
Karl White, James Kennea and Leigh Barry have been jailed for a total of 40 years and six months for a string of robbery offences, including a raid on HSBC in Atherstone.
Det Insp Rob Harris said they were "dangerous" men who had been "motivated by greed".
These were a group of dangerous individuals motivated by greed who would stop at nothing to try and steal cash.
They were clearly intent on using extreme force, which included the use of a firearm, and after their actions at the HSBC in Atherstone it is a miracle no one was hurt as the staff inside the building were only inches from the collapsing wall.
We conducted a long and complex investigation to bring these offenders to justice, so I am very pleased with the result.
These convictions should send a clear message that we will be tenacious in our investigations and do everything in our power to protect the public from this sort of offending.
I would also like to reassure the public that these types of incidents are rare, and overall crime rates are falling.