A dog believed to have died after being poisoned at Crufts is now thought to have ingested the poison in Belgium, the Kennel Club said.Read the full story ›
There are claims a second dog has died following the dog show Crufts.
They say a post-mortem examination found meat laced with poison in Jagger's stomach.
It is now claimed a Shih-Tzu breed dog has also died.
However, the organisers of Crufts, the Kennel Club, says there is currently no evidence any dogs were poisoned.
Caroline Kisko is from the Kennel Club Secretary:
The Kennel Club has confirmed it is investigating reports that up to six dogs were poisoned at this year's Crufts Show in Birmingham.Read the full story ›
The Kennel Club has told ITV News that it will take "severe disciplinary procedures" against any member caught "attempting to deliberately sabotage another competitor's performance" after claims that an Irish setter named Jagger was allegedly poisoned at Crufts.
It added that rumours other dogs may also have become sick at the leading International dog show were "unsubstantiated" and said: "We can confirm that no vets have raised concerns about poisoning and there have been no official complaints from any owners at Crufts 2015."
The latest statement from the Kennel Club is below:
"The facts surrounding Jagger’s sad death are still being established and we must stress that any other unsubstantiated rumours about dogs being poisoned are just that at this point.
There are any number of reasons why a dog may display symptoms such as sickness and should a dog fall sick there are vets at the show who will examine the dog in question and file a report.
We can confirm that no vets have raised concerns about poisoning and there have been no official complaints from any owners at Crufts 2015.
"We are aware that there are reports in the press regarding a number of breeds. If anybody has any have any information we urge anyone to come forward to report the matter as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
"As with any international competition rumours of sabotage do occasionally surface. This of course is not in the spirit of competition and will not be tolerated.
Anyone caught attempting to deliberately sabotage another competitor’s performance, particularly if a dog’s welfare is put at risk, will face severe disciplinary procedures which could include a ban on competing at all Kennel Club licensed events.
Furthermore anyone who puts a dog’s welfare at risk could face prosecution under the Animal Welfare Act.”
The Belgium co-owners of Jagger, the dog that died of suspected poisoning after its appearance at world-renowned dog show Crufts, have insisted that they do not think another exhibitor killed their animal.
Speaking to the press outside their home, Willem and Aleksandra Lauwers said "hopefully Jagger was just the wrong dog, in the wrong place, at the wrong time."
Mr Lauwers added that the couple did not want the entire dog breeding world to be tarnished by what happened to Jagger.
A dog called Jagger, who died after being poisoned at Crufts, was not the intended target, it has been claimed.
Jagger's owners believe this almost identical looking Setter called Noodle was.
He had won Best of Breed on the day Jagger competed and the dogs switched benches at the last minute.
But vets say more tests will be needed on Jagger to establish how he died.
The co-owner of a prize-winning dog allegedly poisoned at Crufts said the family "can't and won't" another exhibitor at the show was responsible
"I've done this to raise awareness of the heinous crime that took place that resulted in the death of Jagger," Dee Milligan-Bott told reporters outside her Leicestershire home.
"We can't and we won't think this was an act of another exhibitor. If we thought this couldn't go on," she said.
"I ask you all to unite in finding the perpetrator who did this and lets continue to produce and breed our gorgeous dogs who we are all so proud of."
A co-owner of a Irish Setter which died after allegedly being poisoned at Crufts said another breeder "wouldn't do something like that."
"It's out of the question," Jeremy Bott told reporters outside his home in Kilby, Leicestershire.
Mr Bott refuted suggestions the Jagger's death could have been "an inside job", saying, "I just think it's some person with a grudge against dogs or the show".
"We can't believe it's happened, they're absolutely in bits over in Belgium," he added.
A vet has told ITV News it is "very difficult" to determine whether or not a dog has been poisoned.
Zara Boland said performing a post-mortem on the animal will give "an indication" but that is still "very difficult" to tell.
"You are relying on the naked eye," Boland said. "Unless it is something very obvious like a blue slug pellet ... that hasn't yet been digested then it's very, very difficult."
Toxicology panels are the only way to determine what went on, she added.
The co-owner of a prize-winning dog which died after allegedly being poisoned at Crufts said she believes Jagger was the victim of a random attack.
Dee Milligan-Bott told BBC Radio 5 Live she was certain that the Irish setter, which died at the weekend after returning to Belgium, was poisoned.
But the distraught breeder said: "I don't believe in my heart of hearts that this was another competitor or anyone involved in the dog world.
"I can only imagine that it was a random act that somebody premeditated and wanted to cause total distress at the best dog show in the world."