The latest photos from Derby Crown Court, where piles of muck have been spread over the steps.Read the full story ›
Police have arrested a man after piles of muck were dumped on the steps of Derby Crown Court earlier this morning.
Officers were called at 7.10am by a member of the public, who reported seeing a tractor and muck spreader pull up outside the court before beginning to spray muck on the steps.
A 49-year-old man was arrested near the scene on suspicion of criminal damage. Police are working to remove the tractor, which was abandoned.
A man has been charged with manslaughter following the death of a man in Derby.
Richard Last, 31, of Bridgeside Way, Spondon, is due to appear before Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court on February 10.
Oliver Falivena died on September 6 last year after he was assaulted in the city centre on Bank Holiday Monday.
Officers travelling to a different incident came across an altercation in the Market Place, on the Guildhall side of the fountain, at around 1am that Monday.
Mr Falivena (22) was taken to the Derby Royal Hospital and then the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham, where he later died.
Shops - including charity shops - and takeaways were broken in to with various property being stolen.Read the full story ›
A deaf Iraqi boy and his family who were due to be deported on Monday have been given a last minute reprieve.Read the full story ›
WARNING: This article contains footage that some people may find upsetting.Read the full story ›
Parts of the region have had a snowy start to the day. The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for snow and ice and are warning drivers to take extra care while on the road and allow extra time for their journeys.
There are also flood warnings in place for parts of Lincolnshire and residents are being told to prepare for large waves and possible flooding.
The Ministry of Defence said about 100 soldiers from the Catterick army base have been deployed to Skegness, where about 3,000 residents have been urged to leave their homes or move upstairs.
A man charged with ten counts of sexual assaults has been remanded in custody after a series of attacks on women in Derby city centre.
32 year-old Nadeem Bhatti of Queensway, Derby, appeared before magistrates today (January 12). He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Derby Crown Court on February 9.
Detective Inspector Richard Burton, who is leading the investigation, said:
I would like to thank the many members of the public who have contacted us with information relating to these crimes which has led to the arrest of a suspect.
Sometimes we don’t have all the answers and we rely on assistance from members of the public to help with our investigations. In this case the information provided has helped us to bring a man to court to face charges for this string of offences.
Derbyshire Police are growing increasingly concerned for the safety of Julian Lane who is missing from hospital in Derby.
Mr Lane, who is 51 and from Derby, failed to return to the hospital, as planned, on Monday (January 9). The force says he needs regular medication and are concerned for his health.
He is six feet tall, with a large build and black hair. When he was last seen he was clean shaven.
The CCTV image is recent but the photograph was taken eight years ago.
A 32-year-old man from Derby has been charged with ten counts of sexual assaults after a series of alleged attacks on women in the city centre.
Nadeem Bhatti of Queensway in Derby is due to appear at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The charges follow an appeal for information earlier this week.