The family of a schoolgirl from Northamptonshire who lost a leg in a dog attack is raising £6,000 to buy her a prosthetic replacement.
The mother of a three-year-old boy says she thought her son was going to die after he was attacked by a dog.
A toddler has been savaged by a dog as she played in a children's park. She was bitten on the face and needed plastic surgery.
The family of an 11-year-old girl from Northamptonshire who lost a leg in a dog attack is raising £6,000 to buy her a prosthetic replacement.
Milly Hemely, from Long Buckby, had to have part of her right leg amputated when the family's Staffordshire bull terrier bit her. Natalie Gray reports.
The family of an 11-year-old girl from Northamptonshire who lost a leg in a dog attack is raising £6,000 to buy a prosthetic replacement.
Milly Hemely, from Long Buckby, was getting ready for school last December when the family's Staffordshire bull terrier bit her. She had to have part of her right leg amputated.
An inquest has heard how a died when he was attacked by the family dog.
Baby Harry Harper, who was only eight days old, was attacked as he slept in his home in Telford last year. Charlotte Grant reports.
The family of an eight-day-old baby boy has released a statement following an inquest that recorded 'accidental death', after he was bitten by a pet dog in November 2012.
Harry Harper died at his grandparents' home in Telford, Shropshire.
Phil Shakesheff from West Mercia Police, read out the family statement outside Wellington Civic Centre today (April 9).
– Family statement
As a family we remain absolutely devastated by Harry's death.
Although he was only with us for eight days, he had brought enormous happiness to us all and his loss is a tragedy we will carry with us forever.
We will treasure every single moment we enjoyed with him and we will never forget the joy he gave us when he arrived.
We would like to thank everyone for the kind messages we have been sent and the sympathy we have been shown, but once again we would request that we are left alone to continue to deal with our loss.
Eight-day-old Harry died as a result of a tragic incident – recorded at the inquest as an ‘accidental death’.
The inquest was concluded at Wellington Civic Centre today (April 9).
The inquest into the death of Harry Harper heard that the family had owned dogs for a number of years and that the dog concerned, "PJ" a Jack Russell Cross had never shown any previous aggression or violence.
The death of a baby who was bitten by a family pet dog was an accident, a coroner has ruled.
One week old Harry Harper died at his grandparents home in Telford in November last year.
The inquest heard that the family had owned dogs for a number of years and that the dog concerned, "PJ" a Jack Russell Cross had never shown any previous aggression or violence.
The mother of Harry Harper quietly sobbed as the family listened to the details of how he came to die.
The coroner ruled that Harry Harper died from severe head injuries after being attacked by the dog.
An inquest will resume today into the death of a week-old boy bitten by his family's pet dog.
Harry Harper died in Telford, Shropshire, last November after being taken to hospital from a semi-detached house in the Ketley area of the town.
In a statement issued a day after the incident, West Mercia Police confirmed that a Jack Russell terrier had been put down following what appeared to be a "tragic accident".
Harry, who had suffered a significant head injury, was pronounced dead at Telford's Princess Royal Hospital after paramedics were called to an address in Woodside Road shortly before 8am on November 20.
His relatives, who asked to be left in peace to grieve, issued a short statement on November 21 in which they said: "As a family we are absolutely devastated by Harry's death and have no words to describe the loss we have suffered."
An inquest is expected to open today into the death of a one-week-old baby boy who died after being bitten by his pet dog in Shropshire.
Harry Harper was attacked by a Jack Russell in Telford in November 2012.
He was pronounced dead after being taken to Telford's Princess Royal Hospital.