A dog from Nuneaton was saved by vets after swallowing golf balls which almost killed him.
Louise Powis, the owner of the doberman called, Azar, became concerned when he suddenly lost a weight and became very ill.
An x-ray showed he had swallowed three golf balls and two of them had moved into his small intestine.
He only survived following surgery at the PDSA hospital in Coventry.
His owner Louise Powis says she still doesn't know where he found the golf balls but says she's very grateful he has survived his ordeal.
A documentary is being aired tonight on ITV1, giving an extraordinary insight into the bond between Guide Dogs and their owners.
"Me and My Guide Dog" shows how young puppies are trained, which takes place in the Midlands.
The Dogs Unleashed event is taking place in Bakewell Showground in Derbyshire this weekend.
It has been running for five years. The organisers say it normally attracts around 5,000 people over the two days.
The event informs the public and dog owners about issues that are regularly seen in the news, such as responsible dog ownership, relationships between children and dogs.
People will also be taught how to deal with the aggression of dogs and shown ways to socialise dogs and improve their health.
There will be microchipping, free health checks and behavioural advice at the event, which will also educate the public about working dogs - the local fire service and search and rescue dogs will be involved in this.
An 11-stone bullmastiff dog from Derby has become the fattest pet to enter an animal charity's fit club.Read the full story ›
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a dog was thrown from a car on Wednesday morning in Hednesford.
The dog, which is now being cared for by the RSPCA, was found 'in a very sorry state'.
"When I saw her, she was extremely emaciated. Her claws are extremely overgrown to the point where they were growing back into the pads. She had no collar or micro-chip either so we don’t even know her name," said RSPCA Inspector Jayne Bashford.
The dog was dumped out of a white BMW on Rawnsley Road, Hednesford, at the junction with Stringers Hill.
Anyone with information is urged to call the RSPCA.
West Midlands Police have tweeted a picture of the puppies competing in this year's Pup Idol competition.
The force is searching for a star spaniel. The fluffy contestants will be trained as specialist search dogs that will help police officers hunt for weapons, drugs, cash, explosives or stolen items.
This competition will see one of them branded 'top dog' at West Midlands Police.
West Midlands Police is searching for a star spaniel in the aptly named contest "pup-idol".
The pups through to the finals are Olivia, Olympia, Oriel, Oxo and Oasis for the girls... and just Odem for the boys. They were all born to the Dog Unit at Balsall Common on December 8th 2012.
They've all got a great future ahead of them as specialist search dogs that will be trained to help police hunt for weapons, drugs, cash, explosives or stolen items. This competition will see one of them branded 'top dog' at West Midlands Police.
Around 25,000 dogs and their owners are heading to Birmingham today for Crufts 2013.
The opening day will feature various dog displays and competition finals, including Friends for Life, the Agility Championships and Best at Show.
Crufts 2013 has attracted more than 2,000 dogs from overseas for the first time. A total of 2,131 dogs from 41 different countries will take part at the show, including dogs from Hong Kong, India, Indonesia and Malaysia, none of which have previously been represented.
An eight-week-old puppy has been freed from a sink plughole, after getting his head stuck.
Tyson's owner took him to an emergency vets in Leicester, still attached to the sink.
The old kitchen basin had been left in the garden when the rottweiler-alsatian cross pushed his head through.
Park Vet Hospital in Glenfield had an unusual visit at the weekend after an 8-week-old puppy got his head stuck in the plughole of a kitchen sink.
The sink had been left in the garden when Tyson managed to get his head stuck.
Tyson's owners arrived at the Emergency Hospital carrying the puppy and the sink.
He was gently turned free by vets and is now back at home.