The Dog's Trust in Shrewsbury are hoping to find a new home for desperate pup this Valentine's Day.
Five-year-old Murray, a Boxer, has been at the centre for over a year and it is time he finds a loving home.
Louise Campbell, the Rehoming Centre Manager said:
"Murray is very loyal, and as he loves humans so much he isn’t too keen on being left alone. He has such a huge heart; he would make the perfect companion this Valentine's Day."
New research shows it costs more than £13k to keep a dog over its lifetime with Midlands' dogs' dinners coming in at £4000.Read the full story ›
Two dogs – named Posh and Becks – currently reside in Birmingham Dogs’ Home and need rehoming together.
The dogs seemingly cannot be split apart as they whimper when parted.
Posh and Becks were found walking side-by-side in a city street, and they were underweight and ownerless.
Three South American bush dogs have been born at Twycross Zoo, the first litter of bush dog pups to be born at the Zoo in almost a decade.
The pups arrived safely on 21st August 2013. The pups have so far remained off show in their nest, but are now beginning to venture into their outdoor viewing area and explore their new surroundings.
Bush dogs are members of the dog family and produce a strong scent that resembles vinegar. This has led to them being nicknamed the 'vinegar dog'. Bush dogs are well adapted for a semi-aquatic lifestyle and have webbed feet to aid swimming.
An underwater search and rescue company is today training dogs to detect bodies in the water.
The dogs are able to detect the scent of a drowning victim even at great depths.
Sarbot has traditionally used sonar equipment and robots to rescue drowning victims or recover bodies, as in the case of Dylan Cecil from Northamptonshire, who was blown off a pier while on holiday.
If a body can be brought to the surface within 90 minutes, they can generally survive with no lasting injuries.
The company hope to have a dog permanently based in the East Midlands.
Hear what Senior Vet Kurt Vandammer told ITV Central about the moment he realised a dog had swallowed three golf balls.
The owner of a dog has told ITV News Central of her shock that he had eaten three golf balls which almost killed him. Azar lost weight and became critically ill when vets found he had eaten three balls. His owner, Louise Powis, says now she keeps a close eye on everything he eats.
A dog from Nuneaton was saved by vets after swallowing golf balls which almost killed him.
Louise Powis, the owner of the doberman called, Azar, became concerned when he suddenly lost a weight and became very ill.
An x-ray showed he had swallowed three golf balls and two of them had moved into his small intestine.
He only survived following surgery at the PDSA hospital in Coventry.
His owner Louise Powis says she still doesn't know where he found the golf balls but says she's very grateful he has survived his ordeal.
A documentary is being aired tonight on ITV1, giving an extraordinary insight into the bond between Guide Dogs and their owners.
"Me and My Guide Dog" shows how young puppies are trained, which takes place in the Midlands.
The Dogs Unleashed event is taking place in Bakewell Showground in Derbyshire this weekend.
It has been running for five years. The organisers say it normally attracts around 5,000 people over the two days.
The event informs the public and dog owners about issues that are regularly seen in the news, such as responsible dog ownership, relationships between children and dogs.
People will also be taught how to deal with the aggression of dogs and shown ways to socialise dogs and improve their health.
There will be microchipping, free health checks and behavioural advice at the event, which will also educate the public about working dogs - the local fire service and search and rescue dogs will be involved in this.