West Midlands Fire Service is offering safety advice to people who may use alternative methods to heat their homes to help save cash.
A man has died and dozens of people were evacuated from their homes after a serious fire broke out during the night in Willenhall.
7000 tonnes of wood have been burning at the site of the Old Iron Works in Stanton since around 10.00 last night (15 September).
Crews from Atherstone, Bedworth, Polesworth, Hinckley and Nuneaton as well crews from West Midlands Fire Service have been working to put a fire out in the Wilkinson homeware store in Nuneaton town centre.
Fire at Premier inn Solihull is in an electrical sub station at rear of hotel No Persons have been injured. multi agency working in progress
Crews are currently tackling a sever fire at premier inn Solihull. possible traffic delays in area. updates to follow.
Firefighters dealt with a fire at a pizza outlet in Leamington Spa in the early hours of today.
They were called to the blaze in the kitchen at Tuscano's Pizza in Bath street at 12.15am.
Two crews spent an hour at the premises.
Police say a bus fire in Birmingham which caused £150,000 worth of damage was started deliberately.
The bus, which was travelling through Sparkhill at around 2pm on Thursday (12 June), had to be evacuated because of the blaze on the top deck.
Officers say they are looking for anyone who saw two white teenage boys, who they believe started the fire deliberately.
Passengers had to escape a burning double-decker bus when it caught fire near Warwick University in Coventry this morning.
A female passenger noticed smoke coming from the back seats of the vehicle and alerted the driver, who pulled over in Gibbet Hill Road and managed to evacuate all seven passengers before the engine burst into flames.
The blaze took hold only 22 minutes after today's 24-hour fire service strike was imposed.
The bus was reduced to charred metal but nobody was hurt in the fire and nearby university buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Advice to residents living near Environcom fire in #Grantham is to stay indoors &keep windows closed as precaution.
Lincolnshire police are advising people living near to a fire at the Environcom recycling plant in Grantham to keep their windows and doors closed.
People have reported seeing black plumes of smoke for miles.
Ten fire engines are in attendance at a large factory fire in Grantham. Crews from the Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue Service were called to the Environcom recycling plant in Spittlegate Level, earlier this evening. More to follow...
A former school in Staffordshire has been targeted for the second time in less than two months by arsonists.
Firefighters were called out to the derelict Edensor Technology college in Longton around 6am on Sunday morning.
It took more than 20 firefighters seven hours to put out the blaze which broke out in the assembly hall at Greendock Road building before spreading to the roof
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Station Manager Andy Kinsman said:
Fires like this pose a significant danger to the life of innocent people living nearby, to the firefighters responding to the emergency call as well as the people responsible for setting the blaze in the first place...
The arsonists also run the risk of being sentenced to up to two years in prison or being given a maximum fine of £5,000.
Devestating effects caused by hair straighteners last night on Mosedale way.Make sure you switch off before going out http://t.co/p90WRcgsTN