Live updates

Appeal after inappropriate comments made to teen girls on train

The man police want to speak to Credit: British Transport Police

Police have released an image of somebody they want to speak to after inappropriate comments were made to two teenage girls on a train.

It happened as the pair travelled on the 12.15pm Skegness to Nottingham train on Saturday, 22 August.

Both girls, aged 16, were travelling together on the train when a man boarded at Grantham and sat down next to them before making a number of inappropriate comments which made them feel understandably uncomfortable.

– PC Joshua Dunn, investigating

British Transport Police are issuing CCTV images of a man they wish to speak to in connection with the incident, as they believe he may hold key information which will help them to investigate what happened.

Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 61016, quoting reference MSUB/B8 of 5/10/2015.

Advertisement

Roads: A1 Grantham Lincolnshire closed due to accident

The A1 at Grantham in Lincolnshire has been closed in both directions due to an accident between B1174 Great North Road (Great Gonerby turn Off) and A46 / B6166 Lincoln Road (Newark Showground / Air Museum turn Off).

There are reports of heavy congestion on the northbound carriageway to Whalebone Lane (Little Ponton turn off) and on the southbound carriageway to B6325 (North Muskham).

The accident happened just north of Grantham. The air ambulance has been at the scene.

Diversions are in place.

Advertisement

  1. National

Proctor: 'I have nothing to add to this Kafka-esque fantasy'

Former Tory MP Harvey Proctor has said he is assisting police with its enquiries but continued to deny being part of a "rent boy ring".

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Operation Midlands have been searching his home, which is located within the grounds of Belvoir Castle, near Grantham, Leicestershire, as part of an investigation into historical child sex claims.

Earlier in an interview with BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr Proctor denied attending sex parties with other MPs in the 1970s and 1980s and said he knew nothing of an alleged VIP paedophile ring in Westminster.

Addressing the media later, Mr Proctor continued to deny the allegations saying: "I have nothing to add to this Kafka-esque fantasy".

Load more updates