Live updates

Shoppers showered with rubble from crumbling building

Shoppers in Hucknall had a lucky escape after chunks of concrete showered down on them from an overhead building.

Fire crews were called to the High Street this morning.

They set up an aerial ladder platform and spent three hours making the area safe.

A Nottinghamshire Fire Service spokeswoman said the rubble had come from a third-storey concrete window sill.

She confirmed that nobody had been injured.


Hucknall off-licence robbed at knifepoint

The robbery happened at Booze Busters on Nabbs Lane Credit: Google Maps

A robber brandishing a knife has made off with cash and cigarettes from an off licence in Hucknall.

The armed robbery happened at Booze Busters in Nabbs Lane at 9pm on Monday. The man threatened a member of staff, who was left very shaken by the ordeal.

Police want to find witnesses to the incident. The robber is described as around 5ft 10ins tall and of thin build - he spoke with a local accent.

Investigations continue after plane crash deaths

Investigations continue after two men died in a plane crash near the M1. Credit: ITV News Central

Investigations will continue today after two men died in a plane crash near the M1 in Nottinghamshire on Saturday.

The light aircraft came down in a field close to junction 26 of the motorway near Hucknall. Eyewitnesses say the plane nose-dived towards the road before crash landing in a field.


Campaigners protest over Rolls Royce plans

Campaigners in Nottinghamshire will protest tonight over plans by Rolls-Royce to build a new factory and 800 homes in Hucknall.

The firms says it will safeguard 230 jobs and will be good for the economy.

Artists impressions of the planned new factory and residential development in Hucknall Credit: Rolls-Royce
800 homes are among the plans for the new developement in Hucknall Credit: Rolls-Royce
Map showing area Rolls-Royce hope to develop in Hucknall Credit: Rolls-Royce

Those against the plans say a nature reserve will be destroyed by the new buildings.

Questioning of Hucknall siege suspect continues

A man arrested after an armed siege at a Hucknall snooker hall remains in custody this afternoon as police question him over the 10-hour stand-off.

The 20-year-old was arrested in the early hours of this morning after police were called to Spot On Snooker Club in Vine Terrace yesterday afternoon, to reports of a man acting suspiciously and some saying he had a gun.

Armed police in Hucknall yesterday Credit: Tiger7372/Twitter

Negotiators liaised with the man throughout the evening, and armed officers finally stormed the building at 12.40am.

Two women had stayed hidden inside the building when the incident began, and were finally led to safety shortly after 8.30pm - unharmed but described as "extremely distressed".

Patrols have been stepped up in the area to provide reassurance to people living nearby.

Police thank public for help in Hucknall armed siege

Load more updates