The partner of Rachael Slack at the time she was killed by Andrew Cairns says he feels let down by authorities and that more needs to be done to safeguard mothers and children who are in danger.
Robert Barlow, the partner of Rachael Slack at the time she was killed by Andrew Cairns says that he has been inspired by Rachael to live his life to the full.
Rachael Slack's partner at the time she was killed by Andrew Cairns has said she was like 'a sun shining down'. Robert Barlow was speaking after a jury found that the mother and her son Auden were 'unlawfully killed' by her former partner.
Robert Barlow, Rachael Slack's partner at the time she was killed by Andrew Cairns said she was 'unconditional with her love'. He was speaking after an inquest found both she and her 23-month-old son Auden were unlawfully killed by her former partner, Andrew Cairns, in 2010.
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has said in a statement they 'welcome' a coroner's findings after an inquest into the deaths of a pregnant mother and her son found that they were unlawfully killed by her former partner.
Rachael Slack, 38, and her son Auden were stabbed to death by her ex-partner Andrew Cairns, in 2010.
Professor Steve Trenchard, Chief Executive of Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, said:
"We would like to extend our sympathies to the family and friends of Rachael, Auden and Andrew for their loss of a loved one in this tragedy."
"We welcome the coroner's findings that there was no evidence presented over the past six weeks regarding Andrew’s care that a jury could properly consider was in breach of Article Two of the European Convention of Human Rights."
“We will assess the jury’s conclusions and coroner's comments in more detail as part of our determination to be always changing, always improving, to meet the needs of the people of Derbyshire we serve."
"Immediately after this incident in 2010, we launched our own investigation into the full circumstances behind it."
"We developed and delivered a far-reaching action plan to improve the quality of our care and take it to new levels of best practice wherever possible.”
Moving footage of Rachael & Auden Slack waving goodbye in a touching family video has been released as an inquest into their deaths closed today. The video was uploaded to Refuge's YouTube channel.
The charity are teaming up with Rachael's family to call for a public inquiry into the response of the police and other authorities to women and children experiencing domestic violence.
An inquest has heard how carbon monoxide from a barbecue left burning in a tent overnight led to the death of a 14-year-old girl last year.
Hannah Thomas-Jones was on a camping holiday in Shropshire with her family when her mother and step-father decided to bring the barbecue inside to keep the tent warm.
Lee Comley reports.
A coroner has recorded a verdict of accidental death after a teenager died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite.
Hannah Thomas-Jones who was 14 was staying with her family at the Baron Campsite in Bucknell in Shropshire. Today's inquest found she was poisoned after a used barbeque was brought into her tent.