A Northamptonshire resident has received a £7,000 water bill after travellers and gypsies illegally tapped into their water supply.
Kettering MP Philip Hollobone took the case to the Commons after both the police and the water company were unable to help.
Environment ministers have said they will look into the case and urged MP Hollobone to get in contact with the Water Minister.
A 20-year-old man is recovering after a cigarette was stubbed out on his face during an attack in Kettering.
The unprovoked assault happened on Monday 10 March, while the victim was walking to his local shop on Nelson Street.
He was approached by two unknown men, who pushed him over before punching him in the face, and stubbing a cigarette out on the 20-year-old's forehead.
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the two men, who were both white and may have been from eastern Europe. One of the men was wearing a black cap.
We all know that relationships have their ups and downs, but one man from Kettering decided to put his girlfriend up for sale on eBay.Read the full story ›
The trustees of a group which runs a skate park at Desborough in Northamptonshire say they'll fight an order to demolish it, after an independent safety report found it was dangerous.
Desborough Youth Action Group leases the site, but Kettering Borough Council has forced it to close because it claims young people's safety is being put at risk. It's told the group the park must now be dismantled. Russell Hookey reports.
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has failed to protect people’s safety and welfare
Kettering General Hospital is not meeting the national standards of quality and safety.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has told the trust it must make urgent improvements to comply with the standards set out.
This follows an unannounced inspection at Kettering General Hospital in Kettering, Northamptonshire, on 7, 8 and 11 March 2013.
The inspection was carried out in response to concerns that some of the national standards were not being met at the hospital.
The inquest into a four-year-old boy who died while visiting the Somerset seaside with his family has recorded a verdict of accidental death by drowning.
Coroner Michael Rose recorded a verdict of accidental death by drowning at the inquest into the death of Dylan Cecil last August.
He said there was nothing Dylan's parents, Rachel McCollum and Darren Cecil, could have done to prevent this "terrible tragedy." He called it, "a tragic misfortune – a nightmare from which they cannot wake."
He said both parent had tried their very best but he added, "we cannot restrain children, they have a life to live".
The inquest into a four-year-old boy from Kettering who died while visiting the Somerset seaside with his family has recorded a verdict of accidental death by drowning.
Dylan Cecil was on holiday to see his grandparents when he fell into the water at Burnham-on-Sea on Sunday, August 19, 2012.
He was said to have been trying to get a closer look at the sea when the incident happened.
An inquest into the death of a four-year-old boy who drowned after falling off a jetty in Burnham-on-Sea will resume today.Read the full story ›
An inquest is due to resume today into the death of a 4-year-old boy from Kettering in Northamptonshire who drowned during a family holiday.
Dylan Cecil slipped off a jetty at Burnham-on-Sea in Somerset on August 19th last year. His body was recovered four days later.