Professor of Infectious Diseases, Robin May, has told ITV News Central that the cause of a water bug which has closed a pool in Kings Heath, is likely to have come from a child defecating.
The swimming pool at Cocks Moors Woods Leisure Centre has had to be temporarily closed after a bug which if swallowed can cause diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and low-grade fever entered the water.
The pool in Birmingham has been temporarily closed after a bug which can cause diarrhoea, vomiting and low-grade fever entered the water.Read the full story ›
A Birmingham paedophile who groomed a teenage girl he met in an online chat room and then had sex with her, has been jailed for three years.Read the full story ›
Police are appealing for information after a young boy was robbed at knifepoint by men who followed him off a bus in Kings Heath.
The 12-year-old got off the number 50 bus in Alcester Road at around 3.30pm on Friday 4 December.
CCTV from the top deck shows two men − one wearing a baseball cap and the other a black puffer jacket − leaving at the same time.
It’s understood the pair followed the boy to Trafalgar Road where they threatened him with a knife and stole his mobile phone.
Police released the CCTV images today.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable David Feenan at Stetchford police station on 101.
A church congregation in Birmingham have knitted their entire Christmas tree this year.Read the full story ›
All Saints Church in Kings Heath, Birmingham, has much community involvement, especially this year.Read the full story ›
Two car collision led one of them to leave the road, travelling through a wall and a fence in the process.Read the full story ›
Police have released CCTV footage of a man threatening a female cashier with a gun in Birmingham.Read the full story ›
Police have released footage of the moment a 12 year-old girl was knocked down by a hit-and-run driver on a zebra crossing in Birmingham.Read the full story ›
An X-Ray taken from Roxy, an 11-month-old cat from King's Heath Birmingham, shows where a ball of string became lodged in her stomach after chewing her favourite toy.
The Siamese cat was rushed to YourVets Wythall Clinic near her home, after her owner discovered her choking on pieces of string from her favourite toy.
Roxy was immediately operated on by two surgeons in a complex procedure to remove all of string.
She is now completely back to normal and vets have urged that owners must supervise their pets at all times when playing with toys of any kind.