Esteban Cambiasso has tonight confirmed he will not be re-signing with Leicester City.
Leicester City says it would like to "express its sincerest thanks" to the Argentine midfielder "for his exceptional contribution during the 2014/15 season."
On his Facebook page Cambiasso said:
"I would like to announce that I have decided not to renew my contract with Leicester City. I have taken this decision only 24 hours after receiving the proposal from Leicester because I want to give the club as much time as possible to find an alternative.
"I would like to thank all the fans who last season made me feel proud to be part of a club with an unforgettable spirit and energy. And a very special thanks to all my team mates, staff and every people of the club, with whom I have lived one of the most important years of my career, crowned with the remaining EPL status. Many thanks to everyone, keeping you all forever in my heart.."
Former Leicester City player Gary Lineker has condemned the club's choice of Claudio Ranieri as their new manager calling the Italian's hiring "uninspiring."
The club confirmed the 63-year-old had signed a three-year-deal this afternoon.
He replaces Nigel Pearson who was relieved of his duties last month because the club insisted "fundamental differences in perspective exist between us."
Ranieri's 29-year managerial career has spanned 14 clubs across five countries.
Did you know he's the son of a Roman butcher?Read the full story ›
Leicester City Football Club has announced that Claudio Ranieri is the Club’s new First Team Manager.
It's a three year deal and sees the 63-year-old Italian bring experience from spells with Chelsea, Inter and Valencia.
What a strange appointment by Leicester City!
Leicester City have appointed Claudio Ranieri as the club's new manager #LCFC.... didnt see that coming....
The Italian's appointed on a three-year-deal and brings experience from Chelsea, Inter and Valencia.Read the full story ›
Leicester City have appointed Claudio Ranieri as First Team Manager on a three-year deal.
The 63-year-old brings experience from his time at Chelsea, Inter and Valencia.
He was introduced to the squad today at a pre-season training camp in Austria.
Leicester midfielder Dean Hammond has signed a new contract with Leicester City after his previous deal expired.
The 32-year-old made just 12 appearances last season, with the club battling for Premier League Survival.
Hammond was out of contract at the end of June but will stay on for another 12 months.
Robert Huth has completed a permanent move to Leicester after a successful loan spell last season.Read the full story ›
Leicester City FC have sacked the three players who allegedly filmed themselves racially abusing Thai girls in a sexually explicit video.
The club has just announced that it has terminated the contracts of Tom Hopper, Adam Smith and James Pearson - the son of Leicester City's manager - after an internal investigation into what happened on the goodwill tour.
In a statement, Leicester City said its players had a responsibility to promote the city and the sport.
"Leicester City Football Club is acutely aware of its position, and that of its players, as a representative of the city of Leicester, the Premier League, the Football Association and the Club’s supporters.
"It is committed to promoting a positive message of community and family values and equality, and to upholding the standards expected of a Club with its history, tradition and aspirations."
Three shamed Leicester players who allegedly filmed themselves in an orgy in which a Thai woman was racially abused were flying home on Monday morning amid calls for them to be sacked.
The Premier League club said they were "deeply concerned" and have launched an investigation after the emergence of footage apparently showing three squad members in a sex session in which a woman is called a "slit eye".
Defender James Pearson, 22 - the son of the club's manager Nigel - striker Tom Hopper, 21, and goalkeeper Adam Smith, 22, all appear naked in the video, obtained by the Sunday Mirror.
In a statement the club, owned by Thai billionaires, said the players "would like to convey their sincere apologies for their behaviour - to the women involved in the incident, to the club and its owners, to the club's fans and to their families".
But fans and members of the Thai community have called for the trio to be sacked, and the players were flying back to the UK where they will be investigated by the midlands club.