Live updates

Wolves reject third bid for Benik Afobe

Benik Afobe Credit: PA

Wolverhampton Wanderers have confirmed that a third bid from Norwich City for Benik Afobe has been immediately rejected.

The club said its position on selling the player is unchanged since they issued a statement last week.

See below for their previous statement.

Benik Afobe was bought from Arsenal in January 2015, and other players arrived in the summer, to strengthen the team for the strongest possible challenge on promotion this season. Therefore, neither Benik nor any of Wolves’ first team forward players, will be sold this season. Benik has developed into a player of key importance to Wolves and the Club’s plans for this campaign. Wolves have previously resisted the opportunity to sell other key first team players in this and other recent transfer windows. As far as the Club is concerned there is no need for any further comments or speculation about this issue.

– Wolverhampton Wanderers
  1. Anglia

Two fans suspended over Norwich City racism allegations

Two fans have been suspended from matches at Carrow Road. Credit: Stephen Pond/ PA Images

Norwich City Football Club has suspended two supporters allegedly involved in racist abuse at last Sunday's match against Wolves.

The Canaries said the fans had been banned from attending games at Carrow Road pending the outcome of an investigation.

The club received a number of complaints from Norwich supporters who were at NCFC's opening match of the Championship season at Molineux.

"If, as a result of our investigation, the club is satisfied any individuals are guilty of racist behaviour, we will issue them with lifetime bans from attending games at Carrow Road."

– Norwich City Football Club spokesman.

City has passed its evidence on to police who are also investigating the matter.

Advertisement

Birmingham City statement on Hughton departure

"We'd like to thank Chris and his team for their efforts over the last 12 months and they leave with our best wishes.

"Chris is a great man and a proven manager and we didn't want to stand in his way when Norwich made an approach with the offer of a top flight managerial position.

"We will now actively seek a new coaching team to build on the good work done during the 2011/12 season."

– Peter Pannu, Birmingham City Acting Chairman

Advertisement

Paul Lambert resignation confirmed

Norwich City has released a statement on its website confirming Paul Lambert has handed in his resignation - but the club says it has not accepted it.

The Club regrets to confirm that Paul Lambert has offered his resignation from his position as Norwich City Manager.

"We have fought hard to keep Paul at Norwich City and have not accepted his resignation whilst discussions with another club are taking place. However, whatever happens, we want to place on record our sincere gratitude for everything Paul has done for the Club over the last three fantastic seasons."

– Norwich City Football Club
Load more updates