Live updates

City centre club has licence suspended after stabbing

The scene of the stabbing on Byard Lane in Nottingham on Sunday 22nd June Credit: ITV News Central/Peter Bearne

A night club in Nottingham has had its licence suspended after a man was stabbed outside last month.

Police asked the city council to review Dogma's licence after the attack on Byard Lane in the early hours of Sunday 22nd June.

The Dogma bar and Club has had its licence suspended Credit: ITV News Central/Peter Bearne

At the time three men were arrested but were later bailed. The licence will be reviewed by a a Nottingham City Council licensing panel later this month.

Advertisement

Protests to be held as Nottingham City Council votes on budget cuts

The council says £35m in savings may also need to be made next year Credit: PA Wire

Protests will take place as Nottingham City Council meets to vote on budget cuts for 2014/15.

The council's executive board agreed to make savings of £25.5m for the next year which will now be put forward to a full council meeting.

More than £99m worth of cuts have already been made in the last three years with Deputy Leader, Councillor Graham Chapman, warning as much as £35m will need to be cut next year due to Government funding cuts.

Council Tax is also expected to rise once more to 1.95% while cuts will be made for children's services and adult social care.

Nottingham gives green light to new homes

New homes and shops are to be build at Robin Hood Chase in St Ann's, after Nottingham City Council granted planning permission.

Developers, Wilmott Dixon, have been granted permission to build 45 apartments, three retail units - including a new supermarket - and a public square.

Councillor Jon Collins, Leader of Nottingham City Council, said:

I visited Robin Hood Chase in December to see first hand the demolition work that is already underway...

... I am pleased that the redevelopment of this site can start to progress now that planning permission has been granted, and look forward to seeing the redevelopment work taking shape to bring this site back into full use.

Advertisement

Council to decide on £50m shopping redevelopment

Nottingham City Council's Executive Board will today decide whether or not to contribute £50 million towards the redevelopment of the Broadmarsh Shopping Centre.

Broadmarsh Shopping Centre, Nottingham Credit: ITV News Central

Last week the council revealed plans for new shops, restaurants, cinemas and improved transport links including a new tram stop.

Two years ago, the council was in the final stages of plans for the transformation of the shopping centre before it was sold to Intu, the owners of the Victoria Centre.

There are plans for a new tram stop and entrance on the NET Viaduct Credit: ITV News Central

If the city council's contribution gets the go ahead, work could begin in 2015 and be completed by 2017.

The gatehouse entrance to Nottingham Castle Credit: Lewis Stickley/Press Association Images

The board will also examine plans for a £14 million bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund ahead of the proposed regeneration of Nottingham Castle as well as £2.23 million in funding for the redevelopment of Sneinton Market.

Nottingham City Council: 'Further cuts of £55m needed'

Nottingham City Council has already made more than £100m in cuts for the last three years Credit: Edward Smith/EMPICS Entertainment

Nottingham City Council says it faces a further £55m of cuts in the next two years ahead of its announcement of its 2014/15 budget.

The council says it has already had to make up more than £100m in funding cuts from the Government in the last three years.

It is asking residents for their views on which services are important to them and where the money should be saved.

Load more updates