The Nottingham Forest owner & chairman, Fawaz Al Hasawi, has written an open letter to the fans following the recent takeover collapse.Read the full story ›
Burton Albion assistant manager Andy Garner has played down speculation that Brewers boss Nigel Clough could be in the running for the vacant manager position at Nottingham Forest.
Clough made more than 300 appearances for Forest in the 80s and 90s and his father Brian managed the club for almost two decades.
The role is currently vacant after Forest sacked manager Philippe Montanier after just 6 months in charge.
Montanier is the seventh manager to part company with the club since Al Hasawi's takeover five years ago.Read the full story ›
Nottingham Forest Supporters Trust has released a statement urging Forest Chairman, Fawaz Al Hasawi, to continue talks with multi-millionaire businessman, John Moores, to buy the club.
It is after Nottingham Forest announced the proposed takeover had fallen through, after negotiations had broken down.
Our club needs to draw a line under the poor performances and leadership on and off the pitch and the takeover gave us that chance.
So we urge Fawaz and JJM to get back round the table and find a way of concluding the deal.
The trust has asked Fawaz to give the following assurances:
- Can you assure us that you remain financially committed to the football club?
- Can you assure us that we will not be selling the players we need to keep us in the championship and that we will be active in the transfer market?
- Can you make it clear who is running the football club on a day to day basis?
In the interests of our great club, please open up.
Nottingham Forest SupportersTrust have told ITV News Central that they will be making a full statement today regarding the takeover collapse and the future of the club.
US Multi-millionaire businessman John Moores had been in talks to buy the club, however it was confirmed last night that negotiations had broken down.
In a statement released on the club's website Forest owner Fawaz Al Hasawi said: "It is with great regret and disappointment that the club announces today that, despite much speculation in the media, all negotiations in regard to a partial sale of the club to US owners have come to an end."
"We feel strongly that we have acted in good faith on behalf of the club and its fans and that such a deal as it stands is not in the interests of the long-term future of the club."
"We feel strongly that we have acted in good faith on behalf of the club"Read the full story ›
More details to follow..
Aston Villa are still waiting to discover if their bid for Henri Lansbury will be accepted.
A £3million offer for the Nottingham Forest captain remains on the table as Steve Bruce looks to revamp his squad.
Midfielder Lansbury is out of contract in the summer and was not included in Forest's squad to face Wigan in the FA Cup on Saturday because of a hamstring injury.
Derby are also reportedly interested in the former Arsenal youngster, who has 19 appearances for Forest this season and joined from the Gunners in 2012.
Bruce is looking to revive his squad after replacing Roberto Di Matteo in October but will not allow Ross McCormack to go out on loan after Villa paid Fulham £12million for the striker in the summer.
Nottingham Forest have the chance to move to within just four points of the Championship's top six before the weekend even starts.Read the full story ›